Make A Logo?

Decorating By koumi Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm by tracey1970

koumi Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 13

How do I pop this logo on a square cake? I was thinking of cutting some cardboard out, covering it in fondant, and making the black with black fondant. Sound stupid or good?

12 replies
dragonflydreams Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 13

. . . you wouldn't need the cardboard, just cut it out of fondant . . . or do a CT or FBCT . . .

jenbashore Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 13

You could try FBCT. That design looks really simple to do. FBCT is so easy.



icer101 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:09pm
post #4 of 13

anything like this... i always trace the pattern.... then cut it all all in fondant...don,t cut it too thick... let lay on solid surface like cake boards... let dry... then glue together... works great

koumi Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 13

Holy smokes you guys are fast and very helpful! Thanks for the tip and I'll post a pic!

Lady_Phoenix Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 13

The above suggestions are good ones. You could also do the logo in run in sugar or make it in royal icing and apply to the cake once they are well dried.

koumi Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 13

What if I wanted the logo to "Pop" out of the cake? If I use royal icing, would it be strong enough to pop out of the cake? Or should I use a piece of cardboard and wrap it with fondant? I do want it to be edible.

dragonflydreams Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 12:46am
post #8 of 13

. . . I would probably use gumpaste (or gumpaste/fondat 50/50 - so it would dry quicker) . . . but you may want to look in to CT's . . . and they truly would be edible (I don't think too many people really eat the gumpaste/fondant decorations) . . . CT's on the other hand . . .

koumi Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:12am
post #9 of 13

I loved the effect of the CT! It's EXACTLY what I want. But as the risk of sounding like an ultimate beginner, what the heck does CT stand for and how is done compared to frozen buttercream? I need to make this Friday!

HELP! icon_eek.gif

LeanneW Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 5:58am
post #10 of 13

CT is chocolate transfer, I've never used it but I believe you would do the transfer onto chocolate. I'm sure some one else could be much more helpful than me.

dragonflydreams Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:39am
post #11 of 13

. . . chocolate transfers are done pretty much the same as FBCT (as linked above) . . . here is another link that speaks to CT's . . .

koumi Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 1:58pm
post #12 of 13

I really like the idea of chocolate because it so much more edible. Would I use regular chocolate melts and simply dye them?

tracey1970 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #13 of 13

I'd use color flow. It dries very hard and has a shine to it (versus royal icing). It will "stand up" in buttercream for quite a long time. My nieces and nephews love eating color flow pieces (candy!), and they are easy to make.

Quote by @%username% on %date%