Choc Covered Strawberries Instead Of Roses

Decorating By Mike1394 Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 7:58am by Mike1394

Mike1394 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:41pm
post #1 of 7

Ladies what would you rather have as an Anniversary cake decorated with an arrangement of 5 or so choc covered strawberries, or the basic flowers? I have total control over the decorations. Icing will be white IMBC with Choc IMBC top, and bottom borders, and choc writing. I wanted something with a lil more UMPF than just regular flowers. What ya think?

Mike

6 replies
MaisieBake Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 7

How long is the cake going to sit, and in what kinds of temperatures?

indydebi Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 7

strawberries, definitely. I've done a number of these in the past couple of months. People think you've just designed the Taj Mahal for them!

Mike1394 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:12am
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

strawberries, definitely. I've done a number of these in the past couple of months. People think you've just designed the Taj Mahal for them!

Thanks, that's what I was kind of thinking. It's not going to sit out long. So that is not a worry. It will be torted with vanilla pastry cream. I made some 4" cakes. The more I think about the 9" I think I'll do the 4 at the same time. It just sounds to yummy.

Thanks,
Mike

YAYI95 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:27am
post #5 of 7

i would go with the strawberries also, just seems more romantic especially being an anniversary cake...chocolate, strawberries and romance what else can we ask for>>>> icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 12:35am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYI95

what else can we ask for>>>> icon_lol.gif

wine and a hot tub! icon_biggrin.gif

Although ... let me share a story!

One Valentines Day, I surprised hubby with a night in a hotel with a heart shaped hot tub. We had the cheese, the crackers, the strawberries, the wine ... we filled the hot tub.... we let about half the water out because we forgot to figure water displacement when two fat people climbed in the tub .... and we relaxed in the warm pulsating waters, munching cheese, berries and wine ... as we watched "I Dream of Jeannie" on TVLAND!

Yeah .... we're old! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike1394 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 7:58am
post #7 of 7

Just don't tell us the evening wrapped up with an all night Gilligan Island marathon. hehehe

Mike

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%