Please Help Me With Color!!!!

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 7:30pm by butterflywings

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making this football themed cake for friday night and i'm trying to achieve that deep Cleveland Brown's orange. Any suggestions on the best way to get it? I've started with americolor super red and egg yellow, but i'm getting a dark peachy color... not orangey enough... HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

4 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

I would take a little bit and put in another bowl to work with. Maybe more red and a little brown would work. If nothing else here is a bump and maybe someone else can help! icon_wink.gif

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 5

To get a true orange you need to use orange paste color. Mixing red and yellow will never get the real orange color you're looking for. It's just like purple, you have to use purple coloring, mixing red and blue will only result in a grey/lavender color.
When you use the orange you can add a little brown to it to make it darker if the orange is too bright.

butterflywings Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 5

ok, well what do i do if i don't have an orange paste?

butterflywings Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 5

ok i've taken another look at the helmet and it's more reddish-orange than orange-orange, so i'm going try adding a little more red-red or super red and let it sit a while and see if that helps.

if anyone else has any suggestions, let me know.. i've got time to play with this color (the cake isn't due until friday evening)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%