First Time Making Mmf, Question On Using Dough Hook.

Decorating By Kaybaby Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm by lilmiz

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 3

I'm going to be making MMF for the first time and prefer to use the dough hook on my KA, at least for the mixing. Do you all microwave the marshmallows and water in a microwavable bowl and then transfer to the KA bowl, or do you add the additional ingredients then switch over and add the conf. sugar? I also want to add the Princess Cookie and Cake Emulsion but wanted to know how much to add per batch and do I add it with the vanilla and lemon that the recipe calls for?

Thanks again,

Vonda

2 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 3

I put the water and flavorings in the bowl with the marshmallows to melt. I usually put one tsp of van, one tsp cremebouqet & one tsp of butter flvr. You can put whatever flavors. First melt mm in microwave, I usually put 1/2 bag of ps in bowl on mixer with the dough hook. Grease it all down with shortening then pour the hot melted marshmallows in the the bowl. Mix for a little while then pour the remaining ps in. But don't use all the ps, I will usually leave about 1/2 - 3/4 cup out. I hope this makes sense.

lilmiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmiz Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 3

Yes I always just transfer it from my micro safe bowl to the kitchen aid. Just grease it all really good and the marshmallows pour out little mess.

I also add gel color (if I am doing one color) with the extracts before ps. When i do this I sometimes need more PS though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%