Decorating By roseanne Updated 16 Aug 2005 , 9:40pm by roseanne

roseanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roseanne Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:08am
post #1 of 7

Hello, I want to practice my colour flow/flooding work, does anyone know of a good site to print off images?

6 replies
bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 2:44am
post #2 of 7

I don't have a certain site. I just search coloring pages and tons of sites come up.

bj icon_wink.gif

roseanne Posted 12 Aug 2005 , 11:20am
post #3 of 7

Thanks PJ. I'll give that a go. I'm hopeless at drawing.

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 7

roseanne: i would suggest using children's colouring books, as the pictures tend to be simple with fairly wide spaces and clear lines. trace onto wax paper, and then flip the wax over to pipe on the non-penciled side. many of my early cakes were cartoon pictures (colour flow or buttercream fill-in) taken from children's mini-valentines day cards and enlarged on a photocopier.

hey -- you could print out the "post a reply" page and enlarge it on a copier and practice doing the cake.central emoticons in colour flow. thumbs_up.gif

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 7

Color pages are the easiest I have found so far unless you are an artist then go for it!

I skip a step from the above post. I just tape the coloring page onto a cardboard surface (like a cake board) then I tape the wax paper (with scotch tape) over the colorig page to the cardboard. I leave out the tracing step. icon_biggrin.gif

bj icon_wink.gif

Thalia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thalia Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 7

I want to do some chinese designs and found some books at the library with templates in them which I copied to use. Saw lots of other design pattern books as well.

Thalia

roseanne Posted 16 Aug 2005 , 9:40pm
post #7 of 7

Hi all, thanks for the suggestions. My son also came up with the tracing from his colouring book, which was a great idea. Have been busy and getting better. I also just taped onto my board and then put the wax paper on top and away I went. It's quite time consuming but looks great at the end.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%