Nick Lodge's Gumpaste Recipe Question

Decorating By beverlyanne Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm by Pama2d

beverlyanne Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 6

Good Morning All,
I'm in the process of making a batch of this gumpaste; the recipe calls for 4 large egg whites. Does anyone know if it matters if the egg whites sold in the carton can be used instead of separating 4 large eggs?

5 replies
snowshoe1 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 6

I use the cartoned egg whites and it turns out the same for me. IMHO its the best GP recipe out there!

Amy729 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 6

It is fine to use the egg whites in the carton.

It is how I prefer to do it. I only use eggs in the shell when I am out of the carton egg whites.

Pama2d Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 6

This is a little OT from the original question... but I just made this recipe and I followed the directions exactly and mine seems a bit sticky still... did I just not incorporate enough powdered sugar? Should I knead in more?? Anyone else have this problem?

Amy729 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 6

I would add a little ps if it is really sticky but you if it's just a little sticky I would coat with crisco and wrap in plastic wrap and double bag in a ziploc and put it in the refrigerator for 24 hrs and check it again.

Pama2d Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Amy... I did let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours already...maybe I just need to use a little crisco when rolling it out. I will try that and see if that helps. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%