Please I Need Help With Mmf Immediately

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm by tchrmom

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 6

I have only worked with fondant once and it was mmf... I would like to make a carpenter cake using planks, hammer etc.. my question is when using mmf how and when do u change the coloring.. I need a little brown, gray, and black.. I know this is probably a stupid question... but ccers always help us in need. Thanks!!!

5 replies
ThreeDGirlie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThreeDGirlie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #2 of 6

I'm new with it too, but I just flattened out some MMF on my mat and then put a little color in the middle and kneaded and worked it with my hands until it was uniform.

I got a good orange, black and pink this way just using Wilton gel colors (but red powder color mixed with lemon yellow gel to get my orange)...

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

If you have to make a large piece of 1 color you need to make small pieces of that color then need them together.
You could also paint fondant if you don't want to mix it in.

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 6

Wish there was a easier way, but you have to keep adding color & kneading untill you get the desired color. Unless you have an airbrush then you can just spray it. That's my next investment. icon_biggrin.gif

thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

the easiest way i have found is to add color to the melted marshmallow, especially when making dark colors in large amounts. HTH..

tchrmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tchrmom Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 7:25pm
post #6 of 6

My KA will pull fondant-- almost until the very end. (It did overheat once, but recovered.) If you need a lot, that works well. If not, add and knead, as everyone said. Our next invention needs to be a tiny, very powerful KA for this purpose.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%