This May Be A Silly Question

Decorating By keyshia Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 4:32pm by LeanneW

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 4

Okay...so I feel like this might be a really stupid question, but I'm asking anyway. icon_lol.gif On Ace of Cakes, are those parchments bags that they use for the really small details they use? They look smaller than when I've used parchment bags in the past (but it's been a while and for all I know they come in different sizes!). They just look easier to use when needing fine details, thought I'd give it a try.

TIA.

Keyshia

3 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 4

Yes. I use them. The kind I buy is Wiltons 15 inch. They fold up small, but they're easy to control. When I fold them, I tape the seam closed so I don't have icing oozing out.

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 4

thank you! I thought that's what they were...but for some reason i haven't used them in like 10 yrs...haha. sorry for no caps. i'm holding my morning coffee with one hand and typing with one hand. icon_smile.gif good to know what's important huh?!!!

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 4

someone here on CC said they cut those triangles in half to make them smaller for detail work.

and keyshia I totally undertsand about the coffee, I do most things in the morning with one hand, putting on eyeliner, cooking breakfast. Coffee is so much more important that uppercase letters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%