Mmf Question....need Advice

Decorating By azeboi2005 Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 10:19pm by azeboi2005

azeboi2005 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 8

Last night my parents were going to Wal-Mart so i asked them to pick me up a 16oz bag of marshmellows so that i could make MMF tonight for my cousin's bday cake on saturday, well when they come back they bring me 3 bags of the the huge marshmellows that you use form smore's. If I cut them up into smaller pieces do you think they would work the same or should i just go exchange them for the mini ones? TIA!

7 replies
lchristi27 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 8

Hi Chris,
I use the big marshmallows all the time (especially the strawberry and chocolate ones). They work just fine, no need to cut them up either. It may take a little more melting time in your microwave but you shouldnt have a problem!

calynmom Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 8

I buy the 16 oz bag of big marshamallows and just melt them the same way. No need to cut them.

Make sure you add spray the bowl alot to prevent it from sticking.

Dirtystreetz Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:55pm
post #4 of 8

I thought it made a difference too and went through and cut them all up, and realized it was pointless. It's the weight of the bag and not the size of them that matters. Be sure to add a few teaspoons of water when melting them. And be careful that the dish will be hot from the prolonged heating

CocoaBlondie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 8

I've always wondered about this, just one of those things you think & never ask. Thanks for the forum now I know. icon_biggrin.gif

azeboi2005 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 8

THANK GOD! i'm super excited i don't have to go back and fight peeps at Wal-Mart. thank you all so much!!

CocoaBlondie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 8

I saw the earlier post about using strawberry marshmallows today & I got all excited. But when I went to the store today I couldn't find a 16oz bag of strawberry marshmallows. Is there a certain brand that comes that way, maybe my grocery store doesn't carry it?

azeboi2005 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 10:19pm
post #8 of 8

More HELP neede:

so last night i made a batch of mmf with the big marshmellows and everything was going great....that is until after i had added all of the 2# bag of ps it was still REALLY sticky! icon_cry.gif so i went got another bag (thank god for surplus supplies) and added atleast another 1/2#. Do any of you texans have this issue when making it? Would having 5 days of non-stop rain and now 90 deg temps have anything to do with this? I hope i didn't do anything wrong!

Quote by @%username% on %date%