Can You Add Pudding To Wasc?

Decorating By cakecastle Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 11:43am by BCo

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:54pm
post #1 of 6

I'll be making my dd's Sweet 16 cake on Friday. The bottom layer will be devil's food and the top layer will be white cake. I wanted to add a box of devil's food/white chocolate pudding to the mix (I use DH), but will it work if I make WASC (leave out the almond on the WASC)? I always use that recipe or a variation of it, but really wanted to try adding pudding. Also, would I have to change the amount of eggs/egg whites I add? Thank you!

ETA:Also wondering about the sour cream...would it need to be omitted? I was orignally planning to just make them like pound cake and add the pudding and an extra egg, but I don't think one box of mix alone will fill a 12" pan. I only have one pan and don't want to leave the left over batter if I use more than one mix waiting until the next layer goes in. I know the cake I did last month half of the WASC worked perfectly for the 12" and I just mixed it up twice so it would be fresh for each pan. Half also worked out perfectly for the 8" top. So I know I probably sound stupid, but I'm just trying to figure out the best way to make this work. Thanks again!

~Stephanie

5 replies
MessiET Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessiET Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:14pm
post #2 of 6

I have added a box of pudding to the WASC cake and it comes out great, but you really don't need it! The WASC recipe is great as is.

cakecastle Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks. The main reason I want to use pudding is to enhance the flavor. I love WASC, but wanted to try something a little different. If my dh didn't say we eat too much cake already I would have made a test cake. I usually make cupcakes to test things out, but my 10 year olds birthday was 2 weeks ago and we had alot of cake leftover then that of course we ate, lol) and with another birthday so soon afterward I didn't want to make more cake. Would I still use sour cream? And do I need to change the amount of eggs/egg whites?

~Stephanie

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 6

I always add pudding to any/all of my WASC variations - I don't change anything else - just add it in with the dry ingredients! And I sometimes have my batter sit out while another layer is baking - sometimes I don't have a choice and I've never had any problems with the cake baking any differently then if I had just mixed it.

Hope that helps!

Brandie

cakecastle Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you Brandie, that's exactly what I needed to know icon_biggrin.gif !

~Stephanie

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 11:43am
post #6 of 6

you're welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%