Can't Get Them Perfect

Decorating By angel951747 Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 1:52pm by bashini

angel951747 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angel951747 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 7

I have been reading mistake after mistake and disaster cake experiences, and to be honest, I am so thankful that you all mess up. I started making cakes late January of this year. I am one of those see it and do it kind of people. None of my cakes have been perfect and I get on this site and see all the beautiful cakes and I get crushed, wondering why I can't be like all of you. icon_cry.gif To find out that bad things actually happen, make you all seem so normal and give me hope that one day I can get to your level. I was determined that everyone was a part of an underground cake cult and no one sent me an invitation icon_cry.gif Thanks for sharing the bad that goes with the good. I have the confidence to go on and continue decorating cakes. Aine2 disturbs me in the best way. Her talent is mind blowing. Oh to be at that level. Thank all of you for your inspiration thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm
post #2 of 7

well I wished it happened over night .. unfortunately it doesn't.. I have LOTS to learn.. and I do learn from mistakes that are posted here. icon_smile.gif So chin up.. and if you wanna invitation to the club and someone gives you one.. tell them to pass one my way LMAO icon_smile.gif

BTW your cakes in your gallery are great!!! icon_smile.gif

danijus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danijus Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 7

Lots of people on this site have been doing this for years.
I just started myself. I'll probaby sign up for a wilton course I learn better if I see someone doing it .

angel951747 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angel951747 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 7

AWWW thanks. Now I feel like , "The Little engine that Could."

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:33pm
post #5 of 7

Hang in there. The more cakes I have done, the better (I think) I get. It just takes practice. If you love what you are doing, it helps! icon_biggrin.gif

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:35pm
post #6 of 7

I think it is natural for us to hold ourselves to a higher level of perfection, only to see there is always something better out there. I know that I am disappointed with most every cake I make, but can find the beauty in anyone else's cakes. I find the greatest pleasure, however, in the creative process. And with each cake, I learn something new. So, even though my cakes are not good as the ones on the other side (where the grass in greener) I am happy to have the opportunity to create every time the opportunity comes up.

As for your cakes, my dear, they are wonderful and one of a kind. There is no other hand on earth that can create exactly like you can. So, know that by the mere fact that you are creating a cake, you are creating something wonderful and amazing and in a way that only YOU can do! icon_smile.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:52pm
post #7 of 7

I know exactly how you feel. I use to think like that when I started doing cakes two years ago. I still feel down when a cake didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be. But since I enjoy what I did, I didn't give up and just kept going.

I haven't attended a single cake decorating course until last week, as I went to Alan Dunn's flower making workshop. I learnt lots of things from books, the internet and not forgetting dear friends on CC. And I'm not saying I'm perfect what so ever, as I have a long way to go....

So don't give up. Keep practising. Enjoy what you do. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%