Help I Need Some Ideas!!

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 11 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm by kimmypooh79

Mandica12182 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:29pm
post #1 of 4

My son is turning 3 and we've decided to have his party at Galaxy golf....which is like a Majic Mountain or Chuck e cheese with a Ton of tunnels, slides, mazes, ball pits....you know the type of place right?

Anyways....so, they set everythign up and there is no real theme it's just Happy Birthday....I was trying to get out of him what he kind of cake he wants and at first it was spidermand, then dinosaurs...then.... well, you know!

Soooo, my thoughts were to make a cake that was actually themed to the place!! I know crazy...but, I was thinking of making the cake look like the tunnels and slides and ball pits....has anyone done this before?? I tried searching for pics but to no avail!!

Maybe Doug could help me...he seems to be very crafty in the stragne cake shape thing!!

Any ideas???

3 replies
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:10am
post #2 of 4

Does this place have a website? I did think that maybe you could use trix cereal as the balls for the ball pit. How many ppl does it need to feed? Sheet cake or tiered? I'd like to help if I can it sounds like a fun design.

Mandica12182 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 4

I am thinking it needs to feed probably 40 people...or more I don't care to have extra.

I would like to make it a tiered cake...or cut up some sheets to give it different heights and levels....I am just kinda hoping some ideas would get my mind running!!

I like the idea for the trix cereal...a lot easier than rolling a ton of diff colored fondant balls!!

I have also been thinking that I may have to use paper towel rolls for the tunnels and such even though I was trying to go completely edible...I just don't see how that's possible.

Thanks for trying to help me...I am open to any ideas!!

kimmypooh79 Posted 11 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #4 of 4

check out this cake
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1232049
You could make the top square the golf green with a tunnel that takes you down to the middle layer and through to the bottom layer...the cereal ball pit...., the other middle one can be where you write Happy Birthday. Then you could add some birthday stuff to it....balloons and whatnot. How about that? I hope I explained it clearly, I'm not so good at that sometimes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%