Red And Yellow Idea Quick!!!!

Decorating By SOULLA13 Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm by CocoaBlondie

SOULLA13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SOULLA13 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:29am
post #1 of 6

Hi there,

I am doing a 30th sheet birthday cake for a girl for this sunday and the only colours she wants used are red and yellow to match her fav soccer team, but i am stumped for ideas. The only idea i have come up with is to dress the cake like a present wrapped in red and then do a bow on top in yellow.

Any other inspirational ideas are very welcome icon_smile.gif)))

5 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:10am
post #2 of 6

If she really is into soccer why don't you make her favorite team shirt?, or maybe a striped red and yellow cake with a fondant soccer ball and a figurin of one of the players also in fondant?, just a thought! icon_razz.gif

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:29am
post #3 of 6

maybe a red and yellow striped cake or spots on it in red and yellow or i have a cake in my pics of a black and white cake you could change it to red and yellow or make the main part of the cake in thepic white with the red and yellow circles and spots also then fits into the soccer ball theme (well shape) hope that helps good luck

hummingbird59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hummingbird59 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:34pm
post #4 of 6

the first thing that comes to my mind with red and yellow is flames. Could you do something with a big 30 on the cake or make flames burning up 29? Just a little whimsical thought.

hummingbird59

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:21pm
post #5 of 6

It's summer. The first thing that came to mind was a red and white checkered tablecloth with a basket of lemons or bouquet of wildflowers laying across it.
-----------
Oh, oh! Soccer has those red and yellow warning cards.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dOmgdH8qc8CS/340x.jpg
The yellow is a caution, the red gets you thrown out of the game... At 30 it's the yellow card, at 40 you'll get the red - enjoy.
The ref holds it up like this, and then writes the name down in a little notebook.
http://express.howstuffworks.com/gif/webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg

CocoaBlondie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:30pm
post #6 of 6

I agree with miny, I would put a soccer shirt on it. A striped shirt using your red & yellow. You could personalize it & have the veiw be the back of the shirt. At the top put her name like it would be the player & the number 30 for the players number.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%