I Need Help Please!!!!!!!

Decorating By decoratingfool Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:11am by kimmypooh79

decoratingfool Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
decoratingfool Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 6:26am
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone,
well i have a request for a cake and i was hoping for ideas.... OK she LOVES white cake, easy enough.. But she loves raspberry and choclate mouse fillings. Should i make just one filling or how do you think it would taste is i used both 2 different layers? im just not sure... I mean i know raspberry and chocolate are great together but i guess i just need advice on what you all think.. Has anyone ever made a cake with 2 different fillings like that? please help!!!!

Thank you all....... icon_confused.gif

6 replies
miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 8:15am
post #2 of 7

I have use 2 different fillings and it does not alter the taste of the cake, it depends on your client taste and the flavor combination but I have to tell you that raspberry and chocolate is a delicious combo, you should check the recipe section maybe you can find a white chocolate raspberry mousse........mmmmmmmmm icon_rolleyes.gif now I want to make one! thumbs_up.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:34am
post #3 of 7

what about a single filling that is chocolate raspberry ganache?
This is a recipe for it.

For ganache
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 pound semisweet or bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped coarse

1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

I found it at this link
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/CHOCOLATE-RASPBERRY-GANACHE-CAKE-14011

miny Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:25am
post #4 of 7

Do you mix the ganache with the raspberry jam or put one layer of jam and the ganache on top? This sounds delish but I can imagine how it works, one would think the jam changes the chocolate consistency icon_confused.gif

kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 5:57am
post #5 of 7

I just copied and pasted from the recipe. I do wonder if you could just add some raspberry liqueur to the choc ganache and call it a day.
My DH used to make a chocolate decadence cake with the liqueur and it was wonderful.

Make ganache:
In a saucepan bring cream, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over moderate heat and remove pan from heat. Add chocolate, swirling pan to submerge chocolate in hot mixture, and let stand 3 minutes. Whisk ganache until smooth and transfer to a bowl. Chill ganache, covered, at least 2 hours and up to 3 days.

Assemble cake:
Let ganache stand at room temperature until slightly softened and pliable but still cool. With a whisk or electric mixer beat ganache just until light and fluffy.
Spread layer with half of jam and spread one third ganache over jam. Be sure to keep it chilled.

Check out the recipe at this link for full instructions.
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/CHOCOLATE-RASPBERRY-GANACHE-CAKE-14011

miny Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 7

I was thinking the same icon_lol.gif , the raspberry liqueur gives a great flavor without all the sugar in the jam and doesn't ruin the chocolate but enhance the flavor, I guess a raspberry BC wouldn't hurt the cake either thumbs_up.gif TAL

kimmypooh79 Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:11am
post #7 of 7

oooooooo...yummy....8P~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ droolin
I really want some choc ganache right now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%