Recipes: Batters

Baking By Doug Updated 27 Jul 2008 , 4:20am by daisy81382

Doug Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 9

to get the ball rolling so to speak!

let's see what delectable delicious delights we batter up!

8 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 9

Gee, all my scratch recipes are actually someone else's. I have gotten lots of them here, and lately, I've been scouring blogspots for exotic flavors.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

daisy81382 Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 7:36am
post #3 of 9

What about a chai flavoured cake? Does anyone know how you would flavour that with the spices? I'm addicted to chai lattes right now and have seen a website that offers chai cupcakes. I think they would be delicious! I'd say start with a very vanilla cake but unsure of the spices and their amounts. What do you think?

cookinnut Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 9

I have a good recipe for instant chai mix that you mix up an keep in an air tight container. Wouldnt you be able to just throw in a couple tbsp to your batter? Sounds like it would work.

daisy81382 Posted 24 Jul 2008 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 9

hi cookinnut, yes, i'm sure that would work. would you mind sharing your chai mix? I bought some from a food festival, but am just about out. I would love to try my own, probably cheaper that way too!

justducky Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 12:31am
post #6 of 9

I just use the Chai coffe creamer. Works great!

daisy81382 Posted 25 Jul 2008 , 1:37am
post #7 of 9

oh Justducky that would be handy, but I haven't seen anything like that in australia. I can't wait to get to the US and have all these wonderful coffee creamers I see everyone writing about. But I will keep my eye out here, I don't drink coffee, so must admit I never look for them icon_redface.gif

cookinnut Posted 26 Jul 2008 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 9

Heres the recipe for the chai mix. It makes about 1 1/4 c of mix.
1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. instant tea
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp. corriander
1/2 tsp. clove
mix together and store in airtight container.

I usually dont have corriander so I'll substitute with ginger and allspice.
I give TONS of this away at the holidays, it's pretty good. If you want to use it as a drink just stir in 2 big tablespoons into 1/4 c boiling water and 1/2 c hot milk, or mix to taste.

daisy81382 Posted 27 Jul 2008 , 4:20am
post #9 of 9

That's great cookinnut. Thank you so much for that, I can't wait to try it. Only problem, here in Australia they aren't big on 'instant tea', so I'll have to figure something else out. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%