How Do I Make Cascading Real Roses On Cake? (Or Should I?)

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 12:03am by TooMuchCake

mariela_ms Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 3

HI ladies and gentlemen!, please enlighten me on this.

One of my best friends from High school is getting married. He has been married for 5 years, but they never had a church wedding so they are now getting married in Sept.08.

Anyway....I'm basically only charging for supplies, for this cake since its like a gift from me to them.

It's gonna be a square 8, 10, 12 in. covered in white MMF, with a black satin ribbon border. Real simple and elegant, but she wants real Red roses cascading from the side of the 3 tiers, but none on top since they are using a topper.

My question is, can I make the rose "arrangement" myself...if so, how?

Or am I better off just buying it with a florist?

Also....When making a 6 inch cake for eating at your anniversary...do you do it separately or do just stack it on the rest of the cake?

Thanks so much for your help!!!

*edited for spelling.

2 replies
mariela_ms Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 3

somebody please????

TooMuchCake Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:03am
post #3 of 3

Sure, you can do it. I have a pic of one I did about three years ago. I used a lot of floral picks from Wilton to put the roses onto the side of the tiers, and keep the roses from actually touching the cake.

As far as the anniversary tier, it depends on what the couple wants. More and more, my brides would rather buy a fresh cake than save their top tier for a year. If they want to have it stacked on their cake so that it looks taller, they'll just have to warn their server not to cut it.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%