Copyrights?

Business By l80bug79 Updated 20 Jul 2008 , 6:13am by kimmypooh79

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 5:47am
post #61 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

Being creative is a part of our business. Let's all come up with our own designs, which kids will love, and not depend on using a design created by someone else.

I'm all for designing my own cakes, I understand why copyrights are in place, I can understand why companies would be upset about not making any money off of a cake made to look like their characters, and I agree that paying a one time fee for a character pan does not give you the right to sell hundreds of them. But if a customer asks for a strawberry shortcake cake what are we gonna do? I don't think Cranberry Shortcake is gonna cut it. It's a moot point but I agree that it's stupid that you can't make a cake with the popular characters without worrying about being sued. I mean last I checked The Disney Store does not sell cakes, cake decorations, or any thing like it.
One thing that isn't clear to me.....if you design your own cake and then add a licensed character candle you bought does the entire cake now become a license infringed cake? I mean you buy the character candle or figure every time you make the cake not just once like the pans so they get their money every time on the candles and such but not the cake cuz it's your design...... icon_confused.gif

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 20 Jul 2008 , 6:13am
post #62 of 62

nevermind I went back, read, and found my answers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%