I threw out a good bit of mint cream cheese frosting and am now wondering if I had to. It smelled fine, but I would have felt funny using it as it was about 2 months old. It has, of course, been refrigerated, but that just seemed like a long time to me.
Any expert opinions or scientific data?
good to throw it out. A few days is probably safe (if refrigerated) but after that, it would't be worth the risk.
2 months does seem like a long time, but if it was bad it would probably be moldy or smelly.