Decorated Cookie Dummies?

Business By littlecake Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 10:06pm by SweetConfectionsChef

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 7

is there a recipe i can use to make cookie dummies that i can use for display in the shop?

fake ones that won't mold in time?

6 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 7

If you make the NFS (no fail sugar cookies) recipe from this site and ice with royal icing, the cookies will hold up for eons.

You can spray them with clear lacquer after the royal dries for a shine, or paint them with thinned confectioners glaze.

Keep them in a fairly airtight, dry display and you'll get tired of looking at them before they go bad.

HTH
Rae

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 7

There's some kind of recipe (might have to search online) that they use to make Christmas ornaments from, that might work too...and then yeah, royal or even fondant or gumpaste.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 7

I made some dracula cookies back in.......had to be 2006 or so and I still have one...it was no fail sugar cookies with mmf and fondant accents. I put it in a plastic cello bag and folded the top over and stapled it so it's not completely air tight and it still looks exactlly the same. I always try to make one extra cookie when I have an order so future customers can see an actual example of the size and decorations of certain cookies.

Tallmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tallmama Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 7

I have a NFSC with royal icing that is in a celo bag for a year now and it looks fine as well

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 7

I've made salt dough cookies for displays. They'll last for the rest of your natural life!

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 10:06pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I made some dracula cookies back in.......had to be 2006 or so and I still have one...it was no fail sugar cookies with mmf and fondant accents. I put it in a plastic cello bag and folded the top over and stapled it so it's not completely air tight and it still looks exactlly the same. I always try to make one extra cookie when I have an order so future customers can see an actual example of the size and decorations of certain cookies.

I've done this and I've done NFS w/royal and they last FOREVER! Just make sure to wrap them in cello or tight plastic wrap littlecake! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%