Does Anybody Else Have Specks In Americolor? Weird...i Know.

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm by luvbakin

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 8

I have been noticing some specks in my americolor. I am trying to think if it is just the one color I have or if there is more. I can see the specks right in the food color when I squeeze it out and it doesnt blend in. I dont feel like it is excessively old. Yesterday I spent a long time picking little specks that looks like pepper out of my fondant. It was annoying. Just me or has anyone else experienced this?

7 replies
luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 8

I have never noticed this. I would say you got a bad, or expired, bottle.

springlakecake Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 8

I guess I should just toss it and try a new bottle then. Too bad it was one of the big bottles.

luvbakin Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 8

Oh noooo. Well, better to be safe than sorry. The cost of a new big bottle is small compared to the cost of a whole cake that is ruined by the color.

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:30am
post #5 of 8

I have some Americolor black airbrush that seems separated. My airbrush keeps getting clogged because of it. I'm not bashing Americolor though... they normally have a great product.

springlakecake Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:08pm
post #6 of 8

Oh I agree. In no way did I mean to suggest that americolor wasn't great. Just curious why I have these specks.

cookingfor5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookingfor5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:56pm
post #7 of 8

My soft pink has specks in it. I should toss it I guess.

luvbakin Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 8

You never know how long they have been sitting in a warehouse or on a shelf before you actually got it. I would guess that it's an expired or bad bottle. Better to just toss it and buy a new one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%