First Tasting - Any Advice?

Decorating By mlharvell Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 6:02am by sugarshack

mlharvell Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 9

Hello, fellow cakers!

I have my first tasting coming up in less than two weeks and I'm both nervous and excited.

Since I've never done one before, I'm not really sure how they work. I've asked the bride to bring ideas, swatches, invitations, etc. I have some general sketches (rounds and square) ready to go for making a sketch of her cake.

Really, I'm looking for any advice anyone has: What works? What doesn't? Does anyone have a set of "standard" questions that they ask each bride (if so, could you please provide)? Any other tips/suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

8 replies
mlharvell Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 9

Can anyone out there help?

michellenj Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 9

You might want to go over and take a look in the Cake Decorating business forum. It's a wealth of tasting advice.

sugarshack Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:01am
post #4 of 9

I let them eat while I look at their pics and figure out size configurations that meet the number of servings they want. We chat about the design, flavors, delivery, and equipment deposit. I inform them of payment policies and give them a written estimate from to take home with what we discussed.

sugarshack Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 6:02am
post #5 of 9

I let them eat while I look at their pics and figure out size configurations that meet the number of servings they want. We chat about the design, flavors, delivery, and equipment deposit. I inform them of payment policies and give them a written estimate from to take home with what we discussed.

post #6 of 9

post #7 of 9

post #8 of 9

post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%