Rude Members, Can We Report Them?

Lounge By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 18 Jul 2008 , 11:56am by Mike1394

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:27am
post #1 of 76

I've noticed lately that there are some members who make rude comments or replies to posts. I have noticed a couple who actually do this continuously despite other members' calling them on it.

I was wondering if any of you guys have reported them to mods, and if you have what will the mods do? give them a reprimand?

It's just disheartening. I know I could probably ignore them but it's really a turn off and kinda takes away from what this site is supposed to be which is friendly and helpful. I'm not saying there's a lot of this going one, there's some. i'm sure you guys have noticed it. and it's not just topics that get heated in debate or discussion, i don't mind that at all. BUt members who make snide remarks or replies. It's just not, well, to be trite, it's not nice.

75 replies
ShortcakesSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:46am
post #2 of 76

You absolutely can. If you look at the bottom of each person's post on the right hand side there is a tab that says Report post or bad post or something like that. Click there. That's all there is to it. And, yes, it works. The moderators will lock or delete threads that get out of hand.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:19am
post #3 of 76

well i don't really want to close the thread because of some snide remarks. will the moderators look at the post first before closing the thread? i haven't clicked that button before. thanks for letting me know icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 76

Hi cupcakeshoppe!

I think they do look at the particular post first and have deleted single posts in the past.

And I know exactly what you mean.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 76

thanks ironbaker and shortcakessweets. i'll keep that info in mind icon_smile.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 76

ive also notice some posters who are constantly saying smarta** things, and your right its not just the posts that get heated where they say rude things, its other post where things are going smoothly and one person feels the need to make a snide remark. Im all for jokes but this person im thinking of, just seems like they always have to be ugly.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:13pm
post #7 of 76

I tried to report a post the other day and it wouldn't let me. I voiced my opinion and someone told me to shut the f*** up (they used the acronym, but still, that kind of language is uncalled for). I think it's sad that there are so many on here. I try to be nice in all my posts, or like nice sarcastic icon_lol.gif , but never mean! Sometimes I wish the people like that would just leave the forum. thumbsdown.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:17pm
post #8 of 76

I agree. That is why I rarely come here now.

VannaD Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:38pm
post #9 of 76

hows the saying go "a few bad apples can ruin the bunch" or something like that, its true, b/c a few ppl feel the need to constantly be ugly more and more ppl come here less and less, its sad because theres such a wealth of info here

ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:38pm
post #10 of 76

It's not automatically locked or deleted just because you click there. The moderators evaluate each one and make a decision to privately reprimand, lock, or delete depending on how severe the comments/subject matter is becoming.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:42pm
post #11 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

I tried to report a post the other day and it wouldn't let me. I voiced my opinion and someone told me to shut the f*** up (they used the acronym, but still, that kind of language is uncalled for). I think it's sad that there are so many on here. I try to be nice in all my posts, or like nice sarcastic icon_lol.gif , but never mean! Sometimes I wish the people like that would just leave the forum. thumbsdown.gif

Sometimes it may take more than one try and sometimes I think if it has already been reported numerous times it won't allow it to be reported anymore, but the feature does work.
And I agree with you, that type language is absolutely uncalled for. I'm sorry you were spoken to like that.
I can't comment a whole lot, other than to say that we do have a cyber bully among us. So don't let this person win, we must stick together and be the bigger people here.
OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now!! icon_lol.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 6:57pm
post #12 of 76

Please don't leave if people are being rude - we need to keep all the nice people HERE! icon_smile.gif I really do feel that CC is a positive and helpful site. We need to keep all the great people around to keep it that way!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:02pm
post #13 of 76

I've seen occasional rude replies. I've even seen a few from people who are usually nice. I've seen some before that I thought were misuderstood as mean replies when they weren't intended that way.

You kind of have to figure, though, that with as many ladies as we have around here, there will be people having the occasional hormonal day...whether from pms, pregnancy or the change, at any given time probably a third of our members have some sort of hormone issue going on. Not to mention any other kinds of stress in their lives that can bring out someone's b!tchy side. So if someone's inner b!tch comes out once in a while, I just figure they're having an off day.

I think the best thing to do with people who are constantly rude is to ignore them. Don't reply to their posts, ignore the comments they make...if they're not getting any reaction then they're bound to get bored and eventually leave. Of course, sometimes it's impossible to ignore someone's rude comments (see hormonal paragraph above icon_biggrin.gif )

There's enough kindness and knowledge here to make it worth ignoring the occasional rude person.

VannaD Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:27pm
post #14 of 76

Texas Rose, this is off topic but talk to me about San Antonio, the hotspots. We're coming on our family vacation there Aug 1-9, what can we do? We already have seaworld and six flags tickets and also well be getting schlitterbahn, but i want insider info...Please Please Please

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:08pm
post #15 of 76

Maybe if more members started objecting to the language, the unnecessary meanness, etc., it would be handled more quickly and those people who feel the need to use that type of communication would be warned and/or eliminated.

If the post you object to won't let you use the "Report A Bad Post" button, a PM to a Moderator, Heath or Jackie, with a link to the post would work, so someone's attention is drawn to the problem.

You are right Texas Rose, we all have our days, but the ones who do this continually I guess are having a bad life!

ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 9:54pm
post #16 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Maybe if more members started objecting to the language, the unnecessary meanness, etc., it would be handled more quickly and those people who feel the need to use that type of communication would be warned and/or eliminated.

Makes sense to me. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Amia Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 11:45pm
post #17 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortcakesSweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by veejaytx

Makes sense to me. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Me too!

These people who do it on a daily basis are taking the fun right out of this forum! I'm not leaving though! icon_evil.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:03am
post #18 of 76

I would sometimes agree it could be hormonal.. BUT... this certain person tends to ALWAYS turn a thread bad... and it seems to be a problem....if it is good.. then it is time for it to show up for sure icon_sad.gif

I am tired of sitting back and ignoring... I'm sometimes ready to throw cakeballs GRRR

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:16am
post #19 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

I would sometimes agree it could be hormonal.. BUT... this certain person tends to ALWAYS turn a thread bad... and it seems to be a problem....if it is good.. then it is time for it to show up for sure icon_sad.gif

I am tired of sitting back and ignoring... I'm sometimes ready to throw cakeballs GRRR

CAKEBALL FIGHT!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jk....

Man was I ready to throw some the other day though! icon_evil.gif (I love that evil smiley haha)

PattyLen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyLen Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:38am
post #20 of 76

Have you noticed those folks are conspicuously absent from this thread??? icon_surprised.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 12:56am
post #21 of 76

hey, i want to know who you all are talking about! lol!

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #22 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

I was secretly thinking the same thing. icon_lol.gif I know who I'm talking about, but I'm wondering who all these other cyber bullies are!

wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:06am
post #23 of 76

Hmmm... if I disclose then I'll have to throw cakeballs at you!!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif j/k icon_wink.gif

ShortcakesSweets Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:09am
post #24 of 76

Hey, I've got a better idea. Let's not waste perfectly good cakeballs on bullies. Us peaceful ones will get together and have a cakeball sampling party. How's that sound??!!

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:10am
post #25 of 76

You can count me in on that! Mmm..cakeballs!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:53am
post #26 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailey

I was secretly thinking the same thing. icon_lol.gif I know who I'm talking about, but I'm wondering who all these other cyber bullies are!

I know who Amia's cyberbully is, but I'm wondering too about the others.

And I have noticed at least one absence from this thread icon_biggrin.gif

Anyhow, a cakeball party sounds good. Especially some cake balls made with Bailey's.

Last time I made cakeballs, I covered them with MMF and it was very good.

wgoat5 Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 1:55am
post #27 of 76

They know who they are... and they love every minute of it.. being jerks is what they do best icon_sad.gif

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:00am
post #28 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Hmmm... if I disclose then I'll have to throw cakeballs at you!!! LOL icon_biggrin.gif j/k icon_wink.gif

that's fine...i still want to know!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:09am
post #29 of 76

If I had any cakeballs, I sure wouldn't waste them on the likes of those troublemakers.

Yep, they know exactly who they are, and so do we, so they won't show their faces (avatars) here, we just have to watch in other threads and start pushing that button!

Amia Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:44am
post #30 of 76

Anyone who kept up with the stairs/fountains thread knows who mine is. She's been rude since her first post.

And I'm really craving some of those cakeballs now, but I don't have ANY cake around! Can you believe that?!?! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%