Cinnamon In Nfsc?

Baking By mw902 Updated 16 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm by micnmax2003

mw902 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mw902 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:39am
post #1 of 8

Hi there all!

Have any of you tried to add cinnamon to the NFSC? I am doing a bridal shower and the bride wants a cinnamon sugar cookie. Just wondering if you have added stuff to it and how it works. Thanks guys!!

Michelle

7 replies
mw902 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:21am
post #2 of 8

So I tried the cinnamon in the NFSC and it is WONDERFUL, just a hint to anyone who who might want to try it!!!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 11:56am
post #3 of 8

So how much cinnamon did you add? I'm going to try this one day!

OhioBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhioBaker Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:02pm
post #4 of 8

Sorry for the late response, but I have used cinnamon in mine since I began making them a few months ago. I just use the bottle that you can "shake" the cinnamon out of and use a couple dashes. Everyone loves it when I make these cookies. I had read this idea on CC somewhere after I made my first regular batch of NFSC and liked it better than the plain ones.

Michele25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michele25 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 12:11pm
post #5 of 8

I've been meaning to try this...thanks for posting! Has anyone ever added cinnamon extract to NFSC instead of the "powdered" cinnamon? Just wondering if there's a difference in flavor or how much you used.

wyckedwytch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wyckedwytch Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 1:22pm
post #6 of 8

I never make NFSC without cinnamon and one other secret ingredient, I find it to be to blah without it.
Everyone has always loved the taste! I use 1tbsp to 6 cups of flour

mw902 Posted 14 Jul 2008 , 3:45pm
post #7 of 8

I used 1tbsp to a half batch of them, I was experimenting for a bride who wants a cinnamon sugar type cookie. Yummy!

micnmax2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
micnmax2003 Posted 16 Jul 2008 , 5:28pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks to the replies here..the next batch of NFSC will have cinnamon.

Here's a recipe I thought I'd share:

CHAI SUGAR COOKIES

* 1 1/2 cups margarine or butter, softened
* 2.5 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4 tsp chai spice mixture* (prepackaged or see below)
* (Optional additions I like: Sometimes I add ½ of the zest from a lemon. It is just divine.

In a nice large bowl, cream together the sugar and the butter until really smooth. Next, beat in the eggs and the vanilla. Mix the chai spices with the flour baking powder and salt, then add that to the large bowl of wet ingredients. I like to chill this overnight or at least a couple hours.

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼ to ½ an inch thick. Cut into pretty shapes with cookie cutters or into circles with a cup. Place them on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 6-8 minutes. Cool before frosting or decorating!

*Chai spice mix â Mix two teaspoons each of ground cloves, cinnamon, and ground cardamom and then add one teaspoon of white pepper and blend well.
thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%