Bags And Sticks For Cookies...

Baking By kjgjam22 Updated 15 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm by sheena16

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 12

Hi Guys,

Can you tell me where you buy the bags and sticks for your cookies and what kind of bags?

Thanks
Kathy

11 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:13am
post #2 of 12

Hi, just got some myself. You can get them at Michael's but you save more at Walmart. icon_lol.gif They have both sticks and bags. Sticks are around $2 dollars and bags around $3 for a 100. Hope you can find them. Usually in the cake decorating area. Hope it helps.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:16am
post #3 of 12

Hi, I buy mine at a little shop in my area called Dawns Candy & Cake but I know Michales sell them as well...although, I don't like Michaels...quality is not the same and they are expensive.

Rochelle1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rochelle1 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:28am
post #4 of 12

Just caught a glimpse of your post. I am not sure I am of any help now but the sticks are sold at Brooklyn Supermarket Bakers Accessories. You can get polythene bags I think they are called at Baker's Secrets in Clock Tower Plaza. They sell many types of bags and have samples to show just ask to look at them. The good thing is that you do not have to buy a box of about 3000 but buy them in 100's

Well you probably be able to get them cheaper abroad but just letting know you can find it here.

Rochelle from Spanish Town

kjgjam22 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:50am
post #5 of 12

hi rochelle, thanks for th info....i never even thought of looking here....you know sometimes we have to buy online. icon_smile.gif thanks for the info....i know the two places well and will go look. thanks again.

thanks everyone also for the help...

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 12

I just ordered some bags from Uline. They are on sale right now. $9 for 1,000. First time ordering from them, however I found out with shipping and tax this was a lot less than using a 40 or 50% off coupon at the local craft store.

kjgjam22 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatdecorating

I just ordered some bags from Uline. They are on sale right now. $9 for 1,000. First time ordering from them, however I found out with shipping and tax this was a lot less than using a 40 or 50% off coupon at the local craft store.

hi...is uline online?? that price sounds good.

Newatdecorating Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 7:20pm
post #8 of 12

Kjgjam22 - Yes, they are online. www.uline.com

momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:13am
post #9 of 12

Hey are those bags from uline food quality safe? I am trying to be very cautious with plastic items now, as some have been found to leach into the food products and make the food poisonous. I couldn't find anything that said they were FDA approved.

Newatdecorating Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 6:58pm
post #10 of 12

Momshobby - If you click on the poly bags and then go to the different bags, you will see the following statement "Meets FDA and USDA specifications for food contact."

momshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momshobby Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 9:21pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks so much. What a great deal you have found for everyone!!!!

sheena16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena16 Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 11:42pm
post #12 of 12

I have always used Uline bags. I copy and pasted this from their webiste:

Uline 1 Mil Poly Bags

OVER 130 SIZES IN STOCK

Lightweight protection for temporary storage.

* Meets FDA and USDA specifications for food contact.

* 100% virgin, high clarity polyethylene film.

* Larger quantity quotes available.

Our local cake supply store sells these same bags for 5 and 6 cents each. I get 1,000 for under ten bucks. Do the math on that!! When we don't get near what our cookies are worth from our customers the savings on the bags helps some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%