Rich Bride Poor Bride

Decorating By lilmiz Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 12:52am by sandygirl

lilmiz Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:33am
post #1 of 2

Have you seen this show on WE channel? I wtach and always check out the cake price at the end. Anyway I was shocked the episode the other day they go to a pro decorator and for what they want she quotes $50/slice well that is alot yes but they wanted something insane. anyway they end up having a cake for 350 dollars by someone else. The cake was boring and old fashioned too
There was another where for like 300 guests the bakery said the cake was $250. How are these places making any money! thats less than a dollar a slice!!!

1 reply
sandygirl Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:52am
post #2 of 2

Yeah, I've seen a couple of them too and have questions about the cakes. I know on one that I saw that the owner of the bakery said something like "let me go in the back and crunch the numbers to see what I can come up with." I bet they do the insanely low prices because they are on TV. I guess they figure on making up for it with the business that "advertising" on the show brings them.

To tell you the truth the cakes on that show are nice, but like you said mostly plain and traditional because of the budgeted amount. Now the show to watch for WOW cakes is Platinum Weddings where they pay $10K for a cake. If I could just sell a couple of them a year...

Quote by @%username% on %date%