Edible Markers Question

Decorating By ShortcakesSweets Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 2:13am by ShortcakesSweets

ShortcakesSweets Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:44pm
post #1 of 11

I am needing Edible Markers for a cake I have due later this month. Could someone please tell me a reputable web site I can purchase them from? Thanks.

10 replies
Doug Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 12:00am
post #2 of 11

michaels, hobby lobby and a.c. moore all carry the Wilton brand of edible markers -- and you can use a % off coupon w/ them too.

-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:01am
post #3 of 11

Wait wait I grew up with an older brother and if we use 'edible markers' then he would ask why sell cake just let them eat the marker. Did you all not have a brother? So it's an edible ink marker.

Another marker type observation equally non-essential and even worse in the silliness factor but...

So when a clerk uses a marker on my twenty dollar bill, I say, "Oh is that a counterfeit pen?" They say yes. I say, "Maybe you should get a real one."

Well I have to explain it sometimes so I guess they din have an older brother huh?

ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:44am
post #4 of 11

Thanks, Doug.

Memphis: Excuse me for not being precise in the phrasing of my question!! icon_lol.gif

KathysCC Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:38am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Wait wait I grew up with an older brother and if we use 'edible markers' then he would ask why sell cake just let them eat the marker. Did you all not have a brother? So it's an edible ink marker.

Another marker type observation equally non-essential and even worse in the silliness factor but...

So when a clerk uses a marker on my twenty dollar bill, I say, "Oh is that a counterfeit pen?" They say yes. I say, "Maybe you should get a real one."

Well I have to explain it sometimes so I guess they din have an older brother huh?

k8memphis, that made my head hurt trying to decipher all that. icon_confused.gif
Whew!! icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:41am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

k8memphis, that made my head hurt trying to decipher all that. icon_confused.gif
Whew!! icon_lol.gif

Hey so yah gotta feel for me having a brother like that huh??!! icon_lol.gif

But the counterfeit pen thing is priceless--sometimes even after I 'splain it they don't get it!!!

Kitagrl Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:49am
post #7 of 11

The Americolor pens are tons better than the Wilton ones, IMHO...I got mine from Oasis supply locally, but you should be able to order online too.

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:51am
post #8 of 11

If you don't live near any stores that carry them and must order online, then I recommend www.intotheoven.com. I found they had the best price and shipping combined. With fuel prices out of control, FedEx and UPS shipping rates are crazy, especially if the site charges you based on your order total instead of the actual weight of the package. Most sites only ship FedEx or UPS and your shipping costs can be more than your order if you just need one or two things.

Into The Oven is one of the few that I found that ship Priority Mail for just $6.80. I ordered the Americolor Gourmet Writers (set of 10) for $11.99 and a pack of two Black Gourmet Writers for $3.89. I also purchased two decorator tips for $1.99 each.

I really felt it was a great value for the money.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 5:13am
post #9 of 11

Thanks for everyones help and sorry for so many questions, but do the Americolor Brand carry fine tip markers also?

-K8memphis Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 11:40am
post #10 of 11

Yes they have fine point. I love them.

ShortcakesSweets Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 2:13am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim_in_CajunCountry

If you don't live near any stores that carry them and must order online, then I recommend www.intotheoven.com. I found they had the best price and shipping combined. With fuel prices out of control, FedEx and UPS shipping rates are crazy, especially if the site charges you based on your order total instead of the actual weight of the package. Most sites only ship FedEx or UPS and your shipping costs can be more than your order if you just need one or two things.

Into The Oven is one of the few that I found that ship Priority Mail for just $6.80. I ordered the Gourmet Writers (set of 10) for $11.99 and a pack of two Black Gourmet Writers for $3.89. I also purchased two decorator tips for $1.99 each.

I really felt it was a great value for the money.

Well, I called around today, and my local Michael's or Hobby Lobby doesn't sell them and won't order them. So, thanks for this info, Kim. I just placed an online order with intotheoven and it is a great site with better shipping fees than most sites.
Thanks again. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%