Logicpic Supports An Stress Free

Decorating By Katie-Bug Updated 9 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm by leah_s

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone use this system? I have decided that I am going to have to take the plunge an purchase something, bad weekend.. tapedshut.gif

Anyway, I have looked at SPS an Stree Free. I just ran across the Logicpic, but the site didn't exlain things clearly to me. I think that personally I like the Stress Free. They just look a little easier and less confusing to me, I may be wrong.

I wonder this, if the cake isn't 100% level across the top will it still work? I mean I really try to make my cakes smooth an level, but they aren't perfect. Will the system still work?

I'm really sick an embrassed over this weekend and really just want something that will prevent this from happening again.

Thanks for any input! Katie icon_redface.gif

5 replies
3tiers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3tiers Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 6

I have been using the Stress Free system for about 3 years and I wouldn't use anything else. I own 4 sets of the system because I never want to be without them! We have traveled with our cakes assembled and have never had any problems or catastrophes.

As far as your cakes being level - it is not a big deal. The cake actually sits on the ring not on the cake itself, so as long as your ring is level, your cake will be fine. I have also found that this support system makes serving the cake much easier. Your servers do not have to dig dowel rods out of a cake and the cake plate does not pull all of the icing off the cake below it.

Stree Free supports definitely get my vote!

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 6

I am biased toward stress free. I LOVE them. I do have to get an equipment deposit to ensure their return, but nobody has ever balked at that.

They will work as long as you level them before you put them in the cake. I screw the legs on, sit the support on a level table, then use my pocket level to ensure that the support is level. Then I stick it in the cake!

Works like a charm and I wouldn't use anything else.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 6

Hi, I recently purchased the Stress Free System. I was making my neice's wedding cake. (My first wedding cake!). I was so afraid that the cake might collapse that I bit the bullet and spent the money for the SFS. I liked it and thought it was easy to use. I am probably going to order another set of legs - a different length. I got the 3 1/2" with my set.

I can't speak to the other system, I haven't heard of logipic before.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 6

I have been trying to call SFS all week and can't get a answer, maybe I'm calling the wrong number... icon_confused.gif

You can use this system on square cakes, correct?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jul 2008 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 6

Well, you know I love SPS (not SFS). It 's cheap, it's strong, it's easy, it's disposable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%