Baby Bump Cake

Decorating By BARBARAJEAN Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm by BARBARAJEAN

BARBARAJEAN Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:10pm
post #1 of 3

I need some help doing the baby bump cake. I have seen lots of different dresses or tops used to cover the "bumps". I was hoping someone would be able to send me a picture or easy directions to make the top. I get a kick out of these cakes, but the concept is a little odd. All belly and boobs and no head, arms, or legs!!!!! I thought of this as indidebi was asking about the shoe cake. There are just some strange things in our world.

If anyone knows how to actually get this to the home page will you please help a girl out.

2 replies
DaisyLisa17 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 3

Honestly, for my belly cake, I just guessed as I was cutting out the shape of the dress. I drew a picture of what I wanted, then started cutting my fondant. It didnt fit exactly, but I also trimmed what I could after I layed it over the cake. I made mine in four pieces. The 2 sections that covered each boob, the big part to cover the belly, and the strip that covered the seams of all the pieces.

HTH. Good Luck!

BARBARAJEAN Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 1:40pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the help and the picture. I think doing it in sections will help me. Today is the day it gets made. Wish me luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%