Have You Ever Hand Molded Anything Out Of Rbc?

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 10:30pm by BlakesCakes

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 3

Have an idea for a birthday cake and really don't want to make a recipe of fondant for it. I have made Toba Garrett's recipe in the past, however my family does not like fondant. It makes 2 lbs. and that is a lot when my family won't eat it.

I make RBC for cookies and was wondering if I could use that for what I want to do. It's going to be a Bob the Builder/Thomas cake. Wanted to mold something, so it would look like Bob is building something.

Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!

2 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 3

The grill cake in my photos I used RBC to make the hot dog and hamburgers. It was so easy to mold and play with - just like play-doh.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 3

Personally, I'd think that it would be fine for small, lightweight items, but I doubt that it would hold up very well for something of size.

Also, you have no stretch in RBC, it's more vulnerable to heat, and only the surface really dries (so if it breaks, it's a goner).

You could try modeling chocolate (recipe somewhere here on CC), you can add white chocolate candy melts to your fondant recipe, or some extract, or just accept that the modeled piece won't be eaten.

HTH
Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%