Mint Cookies?

Baking By Alliekat66 Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 1:40am by linedancer

Alliekat66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 21

Does anyone have a good mint cookie......any ideas? I am a volleyball mom who has a senior this year! Volleyball is should be a great season this year and I am trying to plan now diffrent ideas.

One of my ideas is to have a mint cookie.....and then attach a tag that says "Let's get "MINT"al for the game!

any ideas are welcome.....as I said I want to make it really special this year!

I am a computer crafter/beginner cookie maker and I want to combine my two addictions!

20 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 21

You could make a chocolate roll-out cookie and replace the vanilla in the recipe with mint. If you don't want a roll-out cookie, you can replace the chocolate chips in cookies with the mint flavored variety. I've also seen where people will take a ball of sugar cookie dough, press it into crushed peppermint candies, then bake. That one would give a more subtle flavor, I would think. Keep us posted on what you end up doing!

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:02pm
post #3 of 21

ohhh! Those sound great I will have to try all of it!! lol......thank you so much! I'm so excited about our volleyball starting.....just started making cookies and I'm so hooked! I haven't been able to take pics because they get eatten faster than I can make them...lol! But once I start making them for more then just for home I will def take pics and share! In fact at work the ladies told me that I didn't quite have it down so I would have to keep making them....lol....I work at the school administration so they are loving the sport/wildcat/cookie thing! In fact I may end up making bouquets for the new teachers per my boss's request and I will get to make them at work!!!

Thanks again GeminiRJ, oh and congrats on your cookie cutters I'm in awe of your cookie ability!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 21

You can also add mint to your icing recipe, which might give a milder mint flavor to a regular butter cookie. (Personally, I love anything chocolate, and adding the mint to the chocolate roll-out recipe would be wonderful!)

Thanks for the nice comments about my cookie cutters. It's been keeping me away from the forums, though, so that's been a bummer!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 21

I added peppermint extract to the NFSC dough and it was great. I also added mini chocolate chips and a hint of green coloring too, to make it like mint chocolate chip ice cream!

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 21

Yummy! I'm going to have to add that to my list of things to try!

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:19pm
post #7 of 21

This is going to sound totally off the wall but it's possibly worth a try. Just take Ritz crackers & dip them in melted Andes mint chips. They taste just like GS Thin Mints! I made them last Christmas season with my 9 year old granddaughter. We had a blast & these didn't even make it 3 hours!

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:21pm
post #8 of 21

i have been wanting to try what grami just suggested...who doesnt love thin mints?

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

I added peppermint extract to the NFSC dough and it was great. I also added mini chocolate chips and a hint of green coloring too, to make it like mint chocolate chip ice cream!

so..you added flavoring to the regular NFSC dough and then just added the minis and the green food coloring right? Not the chocolate dough? Just want to make sure I understand you right.....that sounds so good!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by grami948

This is going to sound totally off the wall but it's possibly worth a try. Just take Ritz crackers & dip them in melted Andes mint chips. They taste just like GS Thin Mints! I made them last Christmas season with my 9 year old granddaughter. We had a blast & these didn't even make it 3 hours!

ohhh......these sound good too!!! Thanks! I'm going to do a lot of experimenting!! LOL! The girls may get a few diffrent kinds of mint cookies!! Thank you!

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:44pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by grami948

ohhh......these sound good too!!! Thanks! I'm going to do a lot of experimenting!! LOL! The girls may get a few diffrent kinds of mint cookies!! Thank you!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:50pm
post #12 of 21

I can add to grami948.. They are delicious !

grami948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grami948 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:01pm
post #13 of 21

If you can't find the Andes mint chips, I've heard of using 1 pound bittersweet chocolate plus 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract OR Nestles mint swirl chips. I had the Andes so can't vouch for the others. Have also heard that a "frozen" tray lined with wax paper to place them on keeps the bottom of the cookies neat. I didn't have space in my teensy freezer so I just put them on a chilled tray from the frig lined with wax paper. HTH!

menina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
menina Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:16pm
post #14 of 21

Kind of simple, but I love getting mint oreos (I personally like newman's o's) and dipping them in chocolate. Then just lay them flat on wax paper to dry. If you want them to look decorative drizzle green (or white or dark-whatever you like) chocolate back and forth over the top. Simple and so yummy!

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:18pm
post #15 of 21

What about NFSC with mint flavor and decorated like a volleyball ??

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:24pm
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by menina

Kind of simple, but I love getting mint oreos (I personally like newman's o's) and dipping them in chocolate. Then just lay them flat on wax paper to dry. If you want them to look decorative drizzle green (or white or dark-whatever you like) chocolate back and forth over the top. Simple and so yummy!

Funny.....you said green and white drizzles, those are our school colors, I mean I know that you were saying green because of the mint both I thought it was funny! This would give them extra school spirit! Thanks!

Alliekat66 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:26pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

What about NFSC with mint flavor and decorated like a volleyball ??

I've been making the volleyballs...(practice makes perfect lol and its yummy too!) I will have to try the mint flavoring sounds good....I love mint!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:43pm
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliekat66

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleM77

so..you added flavoring to the regular NFSC dough and then just added the minis and the green food coloring right? Not the chocolate dough? Just want to make sure I understand you right.....that sounds so good!!!!!!
Thank you so much!!

Yep, the regular vanilla, not the chocolate. It was an afterthought, wanted to try something different, so it actually had vanilla and mint extract, but don't think you need to add the vanilla (i had some leftover dough and was experimenting).

BlueRoseCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRoseCakes Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #19 of 21

My favorite is to take a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe and add cocoa power to make the dough chocolate (I recommend mixing it in with the flour, it helps minimize the mess, 1/3 -1/2 cup should do, you can add more to taste, and you may need to add a little water if the dough gets too stiff) and then use the Andes mint baking pieces instead of chocolate chips. They are the best!

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 9:28pm
post #20 of 21

Thats what I dip my Ritz crackers in are the Andes mint baking pieces. Super simple !Let us know what you try ?

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:40am
post #21 of 21

I use a chocolate rolled cookie, regular flavorings, then use MMF for the icing. I flavor my MMF with peppermint extract, they taste just like a peppermint patty. Yum..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%