The Most Delicious Pineapple Cake...

Baking By miny Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm by Petit-four

miny Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:21am
post #1 of 7

Do you have a favorite pineapple cake? My niece wants a pineapple cake for her birthday to keep with her party's hawaiian theme. I've been browsing the recipe section and some of the forums but I wanted some opinions of people that already tried it, and I also need it to be appropiate for decorating (because some on the recipe section can't be). I'm not sure if she wants pineapple and coconut or just pineapple but both recipes are surely welcome, if it's not too sweet will be even better icon_wink.gif . Thank you for your help.

6 replies
indydebi Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:32am
post #2 of 7

This is similar to another request on another thread, so I'm cross referencing them since the responses could benefit both OP's.

miny Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:56am
post #3 of 7

Do you have a recipe for just pineapple cake?, as I said I'm still not sure if she wants pineapple/coconut or just pineapple. I'm sorry if I'm double posting icon_redface.gif but I want a tried recipe if possible. Thanks again.

Petit-four Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:37pm
post #4 of 7

You can make the pineapple filling without the coconut (yield will decrease of course).

Another option: drain pineapple well (squeeze out juice) -- add to cream cheese icing. Makes a creamy filling with some tanginess, not too sweet.

Save the juice, and use as the liquid your favorite white or yellow cake. You can even use a boxed mix, if you'd like.

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

staceyboots Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 7

i just add crushed pineapple / pineapple chunks to my favourite yellow cake recipe.

miny Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:43am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much guys, I really like the idea of pineapple and cream cheese, sounds yummy icon_rolleyes.gif plus my niece just told me today she wants just pineapple so I'll try the one with coconut in other ocassion. Thanks again. thumbs_up.gif

Petit-four Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 4:41pm
post #7 of 7

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%