Mommy Needs A Nap

Lounge By heyjules Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 7:47am by veejaytx

heyjules Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heyjules Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:43am
post #1 of 3

The funniest thing happened to me today. It was 5:30, I was feeling totally exhausted and my husband told me to go take a nap...I don't get many of those. So I went to sleep. The phone rings at 7:30 and the next door neighbors want to come by for a few, they're an older couple and baked brownies for the kids. Isn't that sweet? So I'm totally disoriented. I thought it was 7:30 in the morning, and my hubby was gone off to work. I'm like...who the heck wants to come over at 7:30 in the morning!!! That's so rude! The kids are still sleeping and now I have to wake them up and feed them brownies for breakfast! I throw on a pair of jeans and brush my hair, and pull open the bedroom door...hubby and kids are watching tv. It takes a second to realize it's still the evening. It's hysterical. My hubby thinks I need more naps. Has that ever happened to you?

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:07am
post #2 of 3

I've had that happen before...gone to sleep at an unusual time and woken up totally disoriented. It was bad because DH works nights and I thought we'd overslept for him going to work and I told him and he jumped out of bed in a panic and then it turned out to be 2:30 in the afternoon, not the morning icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:47am
post #3 of 3

It can be very confusing. I'm sleep deprived and only sleep a hour or two at a time, so frequently I'll wake up and have no idea what time of day it is or sometimes what day it is!

What a nice thing for your DH to do though, to give you that nice little nap time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%