Help On Using Cake Separator

Decorating By jubeken2005 Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 6:11am by jubeken2005

jubeken2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jubeken2005 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:14am
post #1 of 7

Hi! I really need your help. How do i do this? How am i going to assemble my cake and what stand should i use? Can i use PVC pipe? How do i make it sturdy so it wont topple while transporting the cake?

Please guys hope you can help me out.... thanks!
LL

6 replies
jubeken2005 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:59am
post #2 of 7

hope you guys can help icon_sad.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 7

Just what is it you are not sure of? Is it the top? the center seperation? The trees?
If it's the center looks to me to be a tall pillar of styrofoam. Can you use pVC pipe? Prob ably if you can get it wide enough. If you choose pipe you provbably would have to embedd it in the cake. Styro would just sit on top of it.
Looks to me to be a 10"x4" bottom tier and an 8"x4" top layer w/5" or 6"x4" styrofoam 'center'.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:26am
post #4 of 7

There are so many ways you can do it.. Your safest bet is a dummy cake .. If you use PVC pipe make sure you glue a plate on top and bottom so you can put support on the lower tier to hold the upper tiers..Cause the pvc is hollow.unless you want a big circle cut in the cake.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

jubeken2005 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:42am
post #5 of 7

I dont know how to attached the pillar to the cake... If i'm going to use styrofoam how am i going to put it over the cake? i'm afraid it will collapse if i place the cake on top of it.

Can i do this with fondant? My client really want me to make this style but using fondant. icon_cry.gif It'll be my first time... icon_cry.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:03am
post #6 of 7

You need to put dowels in the cake just like if you were doing a tiered cake

jubeken2005 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 6:11am
post #7 of 7

After putting the dowel, i'll just place the styrofoam on top of it? or do i have to place a cakeboard to support the styrofoam?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%