Knitted Pattern Impression Mat?

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 3:10am by joy5678

joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:14am
post #1 of 9

I remember seeing little sweaters that looked like they had been knitted. I don't know if it was on CC or somewhere else. It looked like it may have been done by an impression mat. Can anyone give me a hook up as to where to find this or any information on how this is done? Thank you so much for your help.

8 replies
joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 9

Anyone out there? icon_eek.gif Recovering from your long week-end? icon_surprised.gif
Hope to hear from someone soon. I'm still looking for my answer but can't locate it anywhere!!! icon_cry.gif Help!

grama_j Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 9

I've never seen an impression mat like that, but I jut went to the galleries and typed in "sweater"..... OMG! Some of the work that cme up ...... leave it to the CCers !!

flowermom Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

I remember seeing little sweaters that looked like they had been knitted. I don't know if it was on CC or somewhere else. It looked like it may have been done by an . Can anyone give me a hook up as to where to find this or any information on how this is done? Thank you so much for your help.

I just saw something like that on Martha Stewart. I can't remember if they were cookies or cupcakes. It was on a day when she featured an all knitting theme. Try searching her website and see what you come up with. Sandi

joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 9

Yea! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! icon_biggrin.gif I just had to have my memory jogged. Thanks so much. I knew I had seen it somewhere but where???? I pulled up Martha & found it along with the video. Then I found the web site www.veganyumyum.com. Pulled it up & it has everything I was searching for (exact same show I watched) ! Thank you. It really is a cute & unique idea. I'm going to make a baby shower cake & use it to make a knitting basket with a partial baby sweater & booties knitted. The mom to be is an advid knitter. Now I'm excited to do it and use this technique. Check it out & be sure to "Save it" if you are like me! icon_redface.gif Thanks again my CC helpers! thumbs_up.gif

flowermom Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy5678

Yea! I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! icon_biggrin.gif I just had to have my memory jogged. Thanks so much. I knew I had seen it somewhere but where???? I pulled up Martha & found it along with the video. Then I found the web site www.veganyumyum.com. Pulled it up & it has everything I was searching for (exact same show I watched) ! Thank you. It really is a cute & unique idea. I'm going to make a baby shower cake & use it to make a knitting basket with a partial baby sweater & booties knitted. The mom to be is an advid knitter. Now I'm excited to do it and use this technique. Check it out & be sure to "Save it" if you are like me! icon_redface.gif Thanks again my CC helpers! thumbs_up.gif

I don't watch Martha as often as I used to, but had the TV one one day and the whole show was on knitting. Beside my obsession with cake decorating, I am have an obsession with knitting icon_redface.gif and decided to keep it on. I had seen her cupcakes before on a knitting website, but it was awhile ago. I had always wondered how she made those.

What a great idea for a cake! I host a knitting group and I may have to make these for our treats! I was thinking I would use my Marshmallow Fondant, I am not a big fan of Marzipan. Be sure to post your picture when you get it finish, I would love to see it!

Sandi

joy5678 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 9

I sure will! Happy knitting & cakin!

ainsleyandmatthewmom Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 1:47am
post #8 of 9

Unbelievable! Ijust spent way too much time watching that video clip, reading that blog, dreaming about when I can try those little "knitted" sweaters. Gah! I'm sure fondant would work great too!!

joy5678 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 3:10am
post #9 of 9

I am going to use fondant for my sweaters. I'm sure it will work just fine. I have never used marzipan. Enjoy "knitting" your sweaters too! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%