Baking By deetmar Updated 10 Jul 2008 , 4:19am by cookiemookie

deetmar Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 10

I was looking for the post where someone said they used one of those sealers to seal the cookie bags. I was wondering what kind of sealer and where do you get them?

I would love it if there was another way to seal without stapling!

I always freeze my cookies, then set them out the morning the client is going to come get them. The problem is, when they order 70 to 100 cookies, we have to set us an assembly line to get them all stapled and tag on. It would be nice if they were sealed when I put them in the bag.

9 replies
TooMuchCake Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 10

I have an impulse sealer that I use on mine. I love that thing. I got it cheap, slightly used on eBay. I would have liked the little 4" one but I got an 8" with adjustable temperature settings that I can set to whatever type of bag I'm using. I paid around $28 for it.

moxey2000 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 10

Does anyone know if the sealer edge on my Food Saver would work on cookie bags? I keep thinking I'll try it and then I put the F.S. away before I remember to do it.

TooMuchCake Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 10

I'm not sure about that, Moxey. My FS is broken. icon_sad.gif It may not work since the FS bags are a heavy plastic and the heat may be too high for the lightweight cookie treat bags. If you try it, let us know!

deetmar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:25am
post #5 of 10

TooMuchCake, did you search ebay for an impulse sealer? I looked for the food ones, and they were way expensive. $28 is about the price range I want to go.

TooMuchCake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:36am
post #6 of 10

Yes, I searched for 'impulse sealer.' Since they're used for sealing all sorts of bags, they're not considered to be specifically a food sealing machine and might be listed under office supplies or machinery or whatnot.

deetmar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:38am
post #7 of 10

Thank you. I did find some 4" and 8", which would you prefer?

TooMuchCake Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:42am
post #8 of 10

I wanted the 4" at first, but I have the 8" and am happy with it. I think the reason I kept getting outbid on the 4" is because it was just so darn cute, LOL. In the end, I could get the bigger one cheaper so that's what I did and I'm happy. Plus, if I ever need to seal anything bigger than a cookie bag, I'm prepared.

deetmar Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 3:49am
post #9 of 10

cookiemookie Posted 10 Jul 2008 , 4:19am
post #10 of 10

I use my Foodsaver all the time. I've used nothing else. Check out the pics in my gallery.

It works wonders on the crunchy type cello bags which is what I always use and prefer.

I have had mine for years. It is the Professional II model.

It has more than paid for itself over the many years I have had it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%