Edible Images

Decorating By adamme44 Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 12:21am by Janette

adamme44 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:21pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a cake and the customer wants an edible image on the cake. I have never applied an edible image before. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas on applying the image, when it should be done, and storing the cake until it is needed. The cake is for Tuesday.
Any advise is greatly appreciated!

4 replies
fiddlesticks Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 5

Just make sure your icing has not crusted yet ! They are very simple, smooth your icing and lay the image on .It should be just fine boxed up till tuesday I always do my cakes a day ahead !If you bake today and decorate tmrw it will be perfect ! You have to use the image on White icing and I have never stored it in the fridge so far ! Just boxed and kept in a cool place out of the sun !

adamme44 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks a ton!

foxymomma521 Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:16am
post #4 of 5

It's been so humid here lately that I have to put my EI's in the freezer before I put it on the cake. I ruined 3 EI's in 1 day because they kept crumbling! icon_cry.gif

Janette Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:21am
post #5 of 5

If this is your first time maybe you want to buy an extra one to have on hand. My first one was a train wreck.

I have a water sprayer that I spray just a tad of water on the top of the cake before placing the edible.

Make sure that's were you want it there is no moving it once it touches the cake.

I've torn the edges before and just put a border around it to cover.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%