Tastings Fee/minimun

Business By leah_s Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm by poshcakedesigns

leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 14

This is not a question.

I thought you all might enjoy reading the deposit policy and tasting fee charge from www.charmcitycakes.com

Yes, $100 tasting fee, deducted from the total if there's a resulting order.

Yes, $1K minimum on cake. 50% non-refundable deposit.

Yes, they are booked well in advance.

13 replies
Sweet-Dreams Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 14

When did they raise the minimum to 1k? I remember it just being $500 a couple months ago! icon_eek.gif

leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 14

Don't know. Seems like the last time I looked, the minimum was $800. but anyway, I think it's fabulous!

"A rising tide raises all boats."

Sweet-Dreams Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 14

Definitely!

"Really? My prices are outrageous? Did you know Duff from that Ace of Cakes show....yes....the one on Food Network...yes, that's him....Anyways, his bakery has a minimum order of $1k." icon_lol.gif

gottabakenow Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 14

yes, it used to be $500.

CakeWhizz Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:58pm
post #6 of 14

Thanks for this Leah! This might give me some backbone in dealing with clients from now on.

playingwithsugar Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 14

Wow!~ It makes me wonder what the delivery charge was for the stadium cake he took to Chicago!

Thanks for sharing this with us -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

tcakes65 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:13pm
post #8 of 14

Thanks for sharing, Leah...great to know! I get brides walking out the door when I quote $3/serving. They say that it's way too high. I may not be Duff, but I should be able to get $3 to $4/serving for a wedding cake. icon_lol.gif

keyshia Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 14

Holy smokes..t says their delivery fee is $175 per hour! so...the cake to chicago probably cost more than the cake itself! Oh to be at that level. icon_biggrin.gif

Leah I like your quote (I think it was you) that said the rising tide raises all boats...LOVE IT! icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 9:51pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Don't know. Seems like the last time I looked, the minimum was $800. but anyway, I think it's fabulous!

"A rising tide raises all boats."

Awesome, Leah, Love that!

indydebi Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:47pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by keyshia

Holy smokes..t says their delivery fee is $175 per hour! so...the cake to chicago probably cost more than the cake itself! Oh to be at that level. icon_biggrin.gif

Leah I like your quote (I think it was you) that said the rising tide raises all boats...LOVE IT! icon_smile.gif

At that pont, you're paying for the celebrity to deliver the cake more than you are paying for the delivery itself.

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:29am
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyshia

At that pont, you're paying for the celebrity to deliver the cake more than you are paying for the delivery itself.

That's a rip-off they are paying $175/hr for a celebrity to deliver their cake. I know for a fact that you can get Gary Coleman, Tonya Harding, and that other Baldwin brother to do cake deliveries for $35 hour. icon_wink.gif

summernoelle Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:08am
post #13 of 14

Holy cow.

poshcakedesigns Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:07pm
post #14 of 14

Hum maybe the next time I hear 'your to expensive' I should pull up Duffs website and say 'oh really'? icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%