How Do I Get My Cake To Look Like Her Dress???

Decorating By Shanille21 Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 4:11pm by karateka

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a bridal shower cake and the bride wants me to try and recreate her dress. I took the idea from cc and cant wait to do it but im stumped on how to get the jewel like swirls on to the cake. icon_confused.gif I am doing a sheet cake with a fondant dress on it. I am new and dont really want to start with hot sugar and jewel molds. Any other ideas? I saw jewels on fancyflours.com but i dont think she wants to spend and extra $30 on jewels. Please help!!! I attached the picture of the dress for you to see. Thanks.
Shannon
LL

5 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 6

I would just pipe the swirls and use fondant cutouts for the flower shapes. At least that's what I think I see inthe pic.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 6

I'm thinking I'd mold them out of fondant and paint them with a combo of silver and pearl luster dust.

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 6

I would pipe them onto waxed paper and sprinkle with sparkling sugars or luster dust and transfer to the cake. The crinkles at the neckline of the dress you could do with a fork dragging thru the BC.

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for all the great tips!! No wonder why im addicted to CC. The dress will be made from fondant so will the fork method work if i just indent instead of drag?

~Shannon

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:11pm
post #6 of 6

Yes, that should work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%