Ito Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:09am
post #1 of

Hello Everyone,
I am baking a sheet cake for 20 people and I would like to know what size sheet cake pan I should use and also how much cake batter do I need to make in order to fill that sheet cake pan????

Anyone, please, help.
Thank you
Ito

5 replies
q2wheels Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm
post #2 of

Hi Ito,

From Wilton's website, their party cake cutting guide. A 9x13" pan will yield about 45 party servings (1 1/2 x 2 in. Slices).

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/partycuttingguide.cfm

The average cake mix yields about 4 1/2 to 5 cups of batter, I use one DH box mix for this pan, for a 2" high layer. Depending on the situation, I will torte into 1 inch layers and fill. But most don't.

HH,

Toni Ann



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ito

Hello Everyone,
I am baking a sheet cake for 20 people and I would like to know what size sheet cake pan I should use and also how much cake batter do I need to make in order to fill that sheet cake pan????

Anyone, please, help.
Thank you
Ito


indydebi Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:33pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by q2wheels

Hi Ito,

From Wilton's website, their party cake cutting guide. A 9x13" pan will yield about 45 party servings (1 1/2 x 2 in. Slices).




You mean a 2-layer cake, right?

A single layer, when cut in standard 2x2x2 pieces, means you will cut the cake in approx 4 rows by 6 columns = 24 servings.

I dont' do anything smaller than a 11x15, so if they want a sheet cake from me,they are buying at least 35 servings.

lisascakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:57pm
post #4 of

I do a 9x13 - use two cake mixes but plan on it serving 12-15 people. My customers normally go with a bigger size as they want left overs.

11x15 - I plan on it serving up to 25 small pieces - 2.5 mixes
12x18 - I plan on it serving up to 48 small pieces - 3 mixes

indydebi Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:06pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisascakes

I do a 9x13 - use two cake mixes but plan on it serving 12-15 people. My customers normally go with a bigger size as they want left overs.




My customers are welcome to cut their cake any size they want .... but they are PAYING for the amount of cake it's DESIGNED to serve. If they want to cut bigger pieces, then they need to order a bigger cake.

Insert my KFC story here.

Ito Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:27pm
post #6 of

Thanks Everyone. I really appriciate the help. I will check out the Wilton website as well for the pan sizes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%