Went To A Wedding And Didn't Even Stay For Cake!!

Decorating By tracycakes Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm by edith123

tracycakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:03am
post #1 of 5

How can I even call myself a decorator and addicted to cake central? I went to a wedding today and didn't even go to the reception to see the cake, much less taste it. icon_surprised.gif

My excuses: 1) I wasn't feeling well 2) hubby had to go a funeral at the same time so I was there by myself 3) didn't know anyone and I was by myself (see #2) and 4) didn't feel like hanging around forever while they took pictures.

I'm so embarrassed to admit this on CC. icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif Guess I'll have to look at pictures later.

I apologize to all of my CC friends. I'll do better next time. icon_lol.gif

4 replies
edith123 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:12am
post #2 of 5

don't worry even cake lovers get a day off! icon_biggrin.gif

scgriffiths Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:13am
post #3 of 5

They all sound like legitimate reasons to me! Hope you're feeling better soon thumbs_up.gif

tracycakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! Feeling better today,I'm even going to finish the gumpaste roses I've been working on this week.

It may be too late for me but I'm starting the Wilton Fondant and gumpaste class tomorrow night so I'm getting all of my stuff together.
Thanks to this site, instead of getting the Wilton roll and cut mat (I had one many years ago and hated it), I went to Wal-Mart and got some vinyl. Then headed over to Lowe's to get some 2" pvc pipe for a rolling pin per Bronwen Weber. I think I'm ready to go! icon_biggrin.gif

edith123 Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 5

good luck in your class! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%