Silver Baking Cups Needed...

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm by wtare

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:46am
post #1 of 20

I need to order silver foil baking cups..I love the ones I usually get from pfeil and holing, as they are not the thin silver crap, but nice silver with paper glued to the silver. They are nice and heavy. But they are also backordered. I have been looking to find the same ones (sorry, I don't know the brand...they just come in a plan plastic wrapper) and was wondering if anyone had a good source for silver baking cups (Please, no wilton! I HATE HATE HATE HATE their baking cups! They have this odd "flare" to them and do not fit my tins very well.)

Thanks!

19 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 20

Oh I love those. I got my last ones from BakeryCrafts, I think. Possibly CK, though.

loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

Oh I love those. I got my last ones from BakeryCrafts, I think. Possibly CK, though.

CK is also out of stock on them...maybe they are getting hard to find? But I will try Bakery Craft! Didnt think of looking in their catalog! Thanks!

leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 20

How many are you looking for?

loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:51pm
post #5 of 20

I need 75..I am afraid Bakery Crafts doesnt sell baking cups at all. (They have white petite four cups, but thats it..)

leah_s Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 20

you have a PM.

loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 20

Thanks again! You are the greatest!

I DID finally find them at Bakers Tools. They looked like the same kind! Will let you know! (they are Aetco brand..)

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:18pm
post #8 of 20

Here's a link to KitchenKrafts.com, they have them:

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_PP6900-GLD

sherik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherik Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 20

Hi all,
I donât have purchase information but maybe a helpful tip (?)
I made 100 cupcakes for the 4th of July and didnât have the
patience to bake in cupcake pans, having to rotate 4 pans
in my oven. I used Reynolds Baking Cups (I donât recommend
them, the foil separates from the paper liner) and placed them on
a large jelly roll pan. Filled them with a pancake thing (looks like
the kind of flour sifter with the squeeze handle) and was able to
bake 35 at a time. Iâm sure most of you already know this.

Blessings,
Sheri

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 20

Saw 'somewhere' that you just bake in the foil part of the Reynolds baking cups....that the white part was there to keep them separated? Looking at the ones shown on the Kitchencraft site....they sure look the same as the Reynolds ones? Any one know the difference? Just curious as I also have a cupcake order coming up and was planning on using the Reynolds ones.

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:41pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

Saw 'somewhere' that you just bake in the foil part of the Reynolds baking cups....that the white part was there to keep them separated? Looking at the ones shown on the Kitchencraft site....they sure look the same as the Reynolds ones? Any one know the difference? Just curious as I also have a cupcake order coming up and was planning on using the Reynolds ones.

I cannot use the 3-4 inch types like Reynolds or Wilton or the ones at kitchencraft. They are too wide on the bottom and top and are meant for muffin tins made by people like Bakers Secret and such. I don't use a muffin tin to bake my cupcakes in, I have several large cupcake frames I use. they aren't quite 3 inches on the bottom and go slightly up, not this huge flair. Not meaning to sounds like a snob, but I don't feel those pans make a nice high, pretty cupcake. I need to use the very straight baking cups for them, (Mainly hoffmaster and am seeing if Aetco is also as nice:have no idea what the brand is from Pfeil, I suspect they are also hoffmaster) The Reynolds and Wilton ones just kind of fold up in funny places on me, because they aren't made straight up. I also do not care for thin cheap foil both of these brands use, as well as the papers arent thick enough for designs. You can't even see the design on a chocolate cupcake, the papers are so thin..I like a good sturdy cake paper!

Thanks anyway for your help!

hanksmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hanksmart Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:59am
post #13 of 20

I've gotten them here:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=629&SubCatId=1602

Stock number 85-30015. They are a good quality, heavy silver foil that can be used with or without a pan. They flair slightly, not sure if it is exactly what you want, but I love them. I think they are around $18 for 500.

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 11:48am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmart

I've gotten them here:
http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/mini.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=629&SubCatId=1602

Stock number 85-30015. They are a good quality, heavy silver foil that can be used with or without a pan. They flair slightly, not sure if it is exactly what you want, but I love them. I think they are around $18 for 500.

Thanks Hanks...I will keep them in mind for next time, I LOVE country kitchen. They have the best customer service of anyone I have ordered from!

leah_s Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:05pm
post #15 of 20

Cupcake frame? Please explain!

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:20pm
post #16 of 20

I love these things! I got mine from our local restaurant supply place. They weren't cheap (about 65 bucks) They are made of very heavy material and each cup is closer together then usual muffin tins,so you can really fill them quickly The tops of each cup has a little rolled material around it that kind of hug the papers and make it easy to take them out and also fill. They cups are also a little more shallow which also helps in easy removal. but what I like most about them is they hold 48 cups (they are the size of full sheets) are heavy and bake VERY even and easy to handle. I get a lot of large cupcake orders (100 or more) and these make the baking so much faster and easier! They have been well worth the investment! I use a #12 disher to fill them. (fills them about 3/4s) which makes the perfect nice rounded top, not overflowed or flat. I bake them at 400 for 8 minutes then lower to 350 for another 5 or so. I tell you, I can get out cupcakes in no time flat! (convection oven)

wtare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wtare Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 12:49pm
post #17 of 20

I tried doing a search for a cupcake pan like how you described and I'm coming up with nothing close. Is there a brand name on the pan? I'm really interested in finding out more about this as I would love to do more that 12 or 24 at a time.

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:00pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtare

I tried doing a search for a cupcake pan like how you described and I'm coming up with nothing close. Is there a brand name on the pan? I'm really interested in finding out more about this as I would love to do more that 12 or 24 at a time.

Sorry, it just has a number stamped on it, no brand or anything. I bought it at our restaurant supply place, so can't help you with anything online. I would look in your local phone book and see if you have any commerical restaurant supply places in your area. If you are a licensed bakery, many of them are more then happy to open an account for you! Mine even gives a nice discount if you buy a certain amount of stuff.

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:50pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtare

I did find this, although its smaller, but looks like the same kind of format. It also probably would fit in a regular kitchen oven

http://www.globeequipment.com/Vendors/Chicago+Metallic/Kitchen+Supplies/CMP!552D.html

wtare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wtare Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:34pm
post #20 of 20

Thanks for the information. I will have to get one or two of those.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%