Moving A Convection Oven

Business By andrea7 Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm by snarkybaker

andrea7 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 10

I have been looking at commercial retail spaces for my bakery. Every space in town has a door width of 36". Every oven I have seen ,has a depth of at least 37" and goes up from there. I'm guessing the doors come of the oven? Anyone have experience with this.
Andrea

9 replies
cocorum21 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:30pm
post #2 of 10

I am having the same problem. Can't find a full size oven to fit through the freaking door! You could try a half size oven if all else fails.

peg818 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #3 of 10

ask at the appliance store they will know how or if a full size oven can fit through a door of that size.

snarkybaker Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 10

You take the doors off to get it in..... and hire movers.

littlecake Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkat

You take the doors off to get it in..... and hire movers.

that's what we did too...

i know you guys prolly know this already, but once you get it in...make sure you have a big carpenters level, so you can make sure the oven is perfectly level....it took a while to get mine fixed just perfect.

cocorum21 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 10

this may sound stupid but you mean the doors on the oven right? not the building

SeattleCakes Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:22pm
post #7 of 10

I actually had to cut a hole in the wall and put in french double doors to get my oven in... those double doors are great now to get big cakes out!

andrea7 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 10

I didn't even think about the oven being level. Where ever we get the oven from, there delivering it. My husband suggested we could take out the door frame if we had to. I'm going to call Duke tommorrow and see what they say.
Thanks for your help!!!
Andrea

littlecake Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 5:37pm
post #9 of 10

you'll get it in with the door off......the delivery guys will know how to finagle it to get it in, there is so much stuff to worry with when you are first starting up....everything's gonna work out!

snarkybaker Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 8:11pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

this may sound stupid but you mean the doors on the oven right? not the building

We did both, but I have a 107 year old building with teeeeeeny 33 inch door jams. To get out display cases in, we had to tale out the bay windows. That was flippin' expensive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%