Ugh, Ever Make A Cake That Makes You Think, "bleh"

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm by angelcakes5

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 3

Well, I just did. icon_cry.gif

And, wouldn't you know--it's for my pickiest bride ever! (Long, long story).

I have to drive it an hour and a half still today and it's filled with pudding and mousse, and it will be an outside table, my favorite ( thumbsdown.gif ). Half the road will be dirt, after the first half being windy hills and 25 mph hairpin turns to get to this home on the lake.

Plus, I'm just NOT excited about how it turned out. The squares aren't my best work because it's Bettercream (my first time), and I see every little problem, the top one sits slightly off center (probably only *I* notice that), AND to top it off when I snapped a quick picture to see what it looks like on film (if it's any better...), I can see some places were my bottom pearl borders look like they were piped by Helen Keller.

Ever have a day like that? icon_sad.gif

Oh well, at least the fondant cake for tomorrow is shaping up to be perfect.

Thanks for listening.

2 replies
Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 3

Usually....those sometimes end up being the best cakes after all....once we get to the reception and get them set up....they fit right in. As decorator's we all are our own WORST CRITICS. Allot of times I will be working on a cake that I'm not really in to doing...maybe it's the color, or the shape or the design they have picked out.....and I am dragging my feet.....but when it's done....it's better than it was in my mind. I have allot of cakes on my site here in CC....ones I thought were.....BLAH.....and got more hits and saves as favorites...LOL! And here I was thinking....ahhh, not so good. So don't kick yourself too hard. Hopefully it turned out good and everyone loved it.

angelcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcakes5 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 3

I totally understand. Sometimes like on a previous post regarding flowers for the cake. When I set up I somtimes dont like the cake and then as soon as the flowers go on, it looks so much better! I think we are too hard on ourselves, I too find every flaw that others do not see!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%