A "i Can't Believe She Just Said That" Kind Of Mo

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 2:12am by summernoelle

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:33pm
post #31 of 37

Thanks for the hugs and the nice comments everyone, I truly appreciate it. It just bugged me what she said, I guess its just time to move on and think positive!

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 8:53pm
post #32 of 37

You handled her with grace and tact, which probably made her feel like crap (and rightfully so) and that was possibly the reason she came over to have some cake later. You come up smelling like roses and she looked like a complete idiot who literally "ate" her words.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 9:07pm
post #33 of 37

I know your fondat is great. But truth to tell Wilton is not doing anyone any favors huh.

One time during a delivery this was thankfully not in front of anyone else but this engaged girl, a bridesmaid in the wedding started waxing eloquent about her upcoming cake and how great her Dad's icing was because he owned a bakery & all but the way she said it was that all other icing on the planet past present and future was toxic waste at worst, I mean glowed in the dark caliber tw or dog poo at best.

And she went on and on and on and on. This was back over 30 years ago when I was beyond clueless. So I just kept saying Oh ok Oh that's nice for you. If others had been around I don't know--hopefully she would have wised up earlier. I didn't take it personal but I never forgot either.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:57pm
post #34 of 37

What a spoiled brat she is! I am so sorry you had to go through this. I was up your way at the Lincoln parade.

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:59pm
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

What a spoiled brat she is! I am so sorry you had to go through this. I was up your way at the Lincoln parade.

Very cool! My son was one of the kids on the four wheeler coming throughicon_smile.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 12:32am
post #36 of 37

When people remark that they can't stand fondant and only want buttercream, I remind them that the buttercream is still there, only "hidden underneath the sugar canvas that is their creation." icon_lol.gif
I do, as well, make sure they know my fondant is NOT what they have experienced in the past but that I understand their reservations and it won't hurt my feelings if they want to peel it off.

I'm sure the comments made were strictly driven by the little green monster in the woman making them. You did the right thing, with grace and no stooping to labeling her anything other than rude. Kudos!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 2:12am
post #37 of 37

Hey Chutzpah, you around? We've got someone else who needs the Cake Mafia!

This lady is terrible. If the room went silent, I'm sure everyone else was shocked by her rudeness.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%