The Olympics!!!

Decorating By Denae Updated 8 Jul 2008 , 2:53am by Denae

Denae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denae Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 4

hey all...i received a cute invitation the other day, it was an invitation that looked like a ticket stub for the olympics. it was super cute. anyways, the same day i have was asked to do the cake for the party. it's an olympic themed cake...hince the ticket...and it's for a cookout surprise party. the gang i hanging and playing backyard games like bocce ball and cornhole (aka bean bag toss). i need some help to tie things all together into a cake...i would love some suggestions...anyone have any? it would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 4

well obvious answer would be five overlapping cakes as the rings...each in color of ring.

and then fondant figures on top doing various olympic things (track, floor ex, swimming, sailing, etc.)

of course -- if want to have fun...

do the "down home" olympics

men's HIGH hurdles (how to get over when asked -- does this dress make me look fat)

men's long jump (how to keep a straight face when answering the above -- or -- how to figure out what she "REALLY" means)

woman's pentathlon -- a day in the life of a homemaker

woman's high dive - cleaning the kid's bedroom

200 meter relay -- chasing the kids anywhere anytime

the balance beam -- carrying baby, purse, groceries while talking on the cell phone.

Denae Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 4

lmao!!! those are good...i like that. that cracks me up. thanks

Denae Posted 8 Jul 2008 , 2:53am
post #4 of 4

anyone else have any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%