Air Brush Sets Advice

Decorating By britras Updated 6 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm by beeba

britras Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 2

I am wanting to buy an air brush set but don't know where to start. I was wondering if the ones at craft stores work the same as the ones at cake stores. Michael's always has the 40% off coupons so I was hoping to get it there. Any tips, cautions, advice, product recommendations?

1 reply
beeba Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 2

i have just bought mine at a cake shop a few days ago. but i was having the same problems. if i were you id visit a local cake shop or bakery supply. the information that i have gotten is that you want a food safe oil free compressor and a good airbrush and you have to buy special colors for it (i thought you could mix your own) and you also want to buy a cleaner.also you dont need the most powerful one because you can blow holes in your cake lol. i was able to get my whole set for $200 that's a steal plus it came with 12 colors . you could also check at a bakery and maybe they could give you advice. i was going to buy my pieces separately at michaels until i stumbled upon this air brush set at my local cake shop her site is her # is 913-492-9777 shes nice maybe you could have her mail a set. good luck to you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%