Edible Elvis

Business By karateka Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 5:39pm by KateWatson

karateka Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:02pm
post #1 of 10

I was contacted by a lady who wants an edible Elvis cake topper for a 1/2 sheet cake. That is all I know at the moment.

I'm thinking she must mean a gumpaste figure...How do you usually charge for your figures?

If I can get some more information, I'll post here.

9 replies
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:12pm
post #2 of 10

Just on the price issue I would charge $50 to $75 minimum for myself.

And if that was my order, to 'feel better' about potential copyright things for me who liveth in Elvistown, I would tack on another $25 minimum to donate to the Trauma Center that Friends of Elvis financially maintain here in the Bluff City. It is the only trauma center in this region. Elvis started it and this place keeps head injured people's heads from exploding. And as a matter of fact my husband was in there last year and I can't express my gratitude.

But all my personal drama aside---$50 to $75 minimum pour vous.

When he was in the service, they asked him what he missed about Memphis. The king of R&R said, "Everything." icon_lol.gif

karateka Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 10

Oh, crap. I forgot about copyright. I guess I didn't figure on not being able to replicate a person. Guess I should try to find out whether his estate would have a problem with that, huh?

Thanks for the info....

-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:55pm
post #4 of 10

Yeah to be a really good girl I guess you should. I'm randomly guessing it would not be ok with them. But you never know till you ask. I go to church with his former nurse. Cool huh? These fancy schmancy mirrors from Graceland were donated to our church too, they reside in our foyer.

I am uber careful about copyright stuff. I just say no. I mean I say no to everything anyway. But somehow the donation to the Trauma Center would absolve my wicked egregious copyright sin. mea culpa me culpa

But of course that's just me.

Hunka hunka burnin' love thoughts pour vous.

-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 10

I mean a blue suede shoe would get the point across too.

Mike1394 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 10

Would it be a copywrite issue? Is his likeness copywritten? We all know he's still alive somewhere icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 10
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Would it be a copywrite issue? Is his likeness copywritten? We all know he's still alive somewhere icon_biggrin.gif

Well yeah he's alive but he just left the building. icon_lol.gif

I would dare to say every inch of himself and his property is copywritten.

KateWatson Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 10

Totally off topic - how far is it from Nashville to Memphis? I have a conference in Nashville and part of the reason I want to go is to FINALLY get to see Graceland! (Elvis has invited me to make p.butter and banana sandwiches for him for lunch) Thanks!

-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:15pm
post #9 of 10

3.5 to 4 hours away

Come see me in my bookstore!!
Free cuppa coffee/tea/coke!!!
It's on the way-ish from Nashville to Graceland icon_biggrin.gif

2400 Union Avenue

current hours of operation

M & Tu 11-4
W & Th 1-6
Sunday 9-12:30

KateWatson Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:39pm
post #10 of 10

That's so nice!! Thanks - I'll keep you posted if we get to make the trip in Oct. Happy caking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%