2009 Wilton Yearbook!

Decorating By Monkess Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm by Monkess

Monkess Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 13

Just picked up my copy...can't wait to dig in. Get your copies folks! icon_biggrin.gif

12 replies
YALANTZI Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 13

I checked my local Hobby lobby and they haven't gotten the new year book yet!! maybe next week. icon_sad.gif

MaryAtk Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 13

I got mine at WalMart last Thursday. You might want to check there!

Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 13

I got mine last week and it is actually quite good.Alot of use for cookies this year ontop of cakes!! Not as much fondant but some neat ideas!

gscout73 Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 4:18am
post #5 of 13

I've been to the Wilton site and they don't even have the '09 book up yet, it still has the '08. My collasal, I mean super, Walmart does not yet have it either (I was there earlier scoping their selection.) What is on the cover?

TexasSugar Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 13

I got mine last week at Michaels. I really liked it and they have some great ideas on it. Some really pretty cakes. A few I didn't care for, but that is to be expected. My list of likes was alot more than the disliked though. icon_smile.gif

MaryAtk Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

I've been to the Wilton site and they don't even have the '09 book up yet, it still has the '08. My collasal, I mean super, Walmart does not yet have it either (I was there earlier scoping their selection.) What is on the cover?

The book is yellow and it has the giant 3-D cupcake which has Happy Birthday written on it, plus it has some bears wearing party hats (I think they are bears!)

Monkess Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 2:09pm
post #8 of 13

Just finished....pretty good overall, I really would like to see more regular design ideas which we could incorporate in regular cakes i.e. those that are not necessarily theme based or shapes. Nice borders, flowers, new ideas for the like would be a nice feature.

SugarBakerz Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:21pm
post #9 of 13

I haven't gotten it yet, saw it on the shelf, waiting for my 50% off coupon from Michaels... but one thing I thought when I saw the cover was.... they are going even more to 3D which is nice for us who deco in 3D, customers will start demanding it more and more. On that note, I saw at the cake shop in Seattle I visited a while back that there was a monkey pan and new dinosaur... I think I will definitely get the monkey, he is cute and monkeys are growing so popular!

loriemoms Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:28pm
post #10 of 13

You can get it at Amazon for 12 bucks. Although I think its better to just use a michaels coupon once they get them in..

MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

I haven't gotten it yet, saw it on the shelf, waiting for my 50% off coupon from Michaels... but one thing I thought when I saw the cover was.... they are going even more to 3D which is nice for us who deco in 3D, customers will start demanding it more and more. On that note, I saw at the cake shop in Seattle I visited a while back that there was a monkey pan and new dinosaur... I think I will definitely get the monkey, he is cute and monkeys are growing so popular!

I just bought the monkey pan on Ebay (and the yearbook) - he's so cute, perfect for cheeky little chimp 1st birthdays and the like! I also have the new pirate ship & princess carriage pans, I've used the carriage for a customer already!

fiddlesticks Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 3:39pm
post #12 of 13

My Michaels had it since the 30th of June !

Monkess Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 8:51pm
post #13 of 13

I got the monkey too (Monkess, naturally!) and the carriage and the princess crown. They are all lovely, but the monkey in choclate is going to be a star!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%