Help?! How Do I Make Whipped Icing..

Baking By prncsslmndrps Updated 7 Jul 2008 , 1:52am by lutie

prncsslmndrps Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 11:50am
post #1 of 5

like from a grocery store? I got an order yesterday and its for this woman's grandma who really wants the store brand (Giant) whipped icing. I'm clueless on how to make it taste like that.. any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
CocoaBlondie Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 5

This is the best whipped cream frosting recipe on CC in my opinion. I havn't tasted Giants whipped topping so I can't help you out there. Caution to the wind when decorating with a whipped cream icing, they don't hold decorations on the side very well. I found this out the hard way.

Whipped Cream Frosting

Serves/Yields: 1 frosting for a 2 layer cake. (12 servings)
Prep. Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Category: Frostings
Difficulty: easy

A heavenly coating for any cake. Whipped cream is gently folded into sweetened cream cheese.

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

1 In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar salt and vanilla until smooth. In a small bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.

Source: Tom Parker
Contributed by: on Monday, April 26. 2004 at 16:41:07

More Recipes of

Please take a second and rate this recipe:
Average score: 4.75 ()
Votes: 70

prncsslmndrps Posted 6 Jul 2008 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 5

great!! Thanks, I'm gonna try this tonight. The cake is for August 3rd but I'm trying to stay a head of the game.

CocoaBlondie Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

Yeah, It's always a good idea to try something before the big day. You'll also get to see if the taste is similar.

lutie Posted 7 Jul 2008 , 1:52am
post #5 of 5

CocoaBlondie: How long does this icing stand up? Will it hold up as well as Butter Cream? Does it need to stay in the refrigerator? I noticed the cream cheese and thought it might.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%