Need Idea For Farewell Cake New Orleans Theme For Tomorrow!

Decorating By citygirlcakes Updated 5 Jul 2008 , 1:51pm by kimmypooh79

citygirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
citygirlcakes Posted 4 Jul 2008 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a farewell cake tonight for a woman who is moving to New Orleans. All she has told me is "jackson square"!! I'm making an 8" round (2 layers). Any ideas/help would be so appreciated!

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 7

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2374/2485374918_fefd300b26.jpg?v=0

Could you fake something like this --would look cool on an 8"

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 2:47am
post #3 of 7

click on the link below and follow these directions once there:

1) click on satellite and turn off labels.

2) zoom way in on the target area marked by the "A" flag.

3) under MORE click PHOTOS

4) now have over view of Jackson Square and photos of key points of interest that you can click on for some ideas.

(the fortune teller one -- upper left corner -- could be fun --

do image of her -caption -- I see great things in store for you in the big easy or You'll have big fun and easy times in the big easy.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=jackson%20square%20new%20orleans&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-25,GGGL:en&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 5:53am
post #4 of 7

I would do a Mardi Gras theme.

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:37am
post #5 of 7

I did a mardi gras theme cake. It was a sheet cake, but I covered the top with largish yellow and purple diamonds (just drew them on freehand crossing the cake and then piped in starts). I left a circle area in the middle for the message (birthday). Then I stuck on a strand of beads (from the dollar store and cut up so that I could put some over one edge and then a different edge). I also stuck on cut out pictures of instruments that I had found in the scrapbooking section (horns, keyboard, music note). I put mardi gras coins around the edge (dollar store) and glued a mardi gras mask (guess where that came from?) to a couple popsicle sticks and put it in the corner. I would say go with the diamonds (stars are fast) -- colours are gold, purple, could use green too, put a message, and then whatever you find at the dollar store you can stick on, if you have time for that. Good luck.

Margaret

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 6:39am
post #6 of 7

Oops, I see this post was way too late. If anyone is interested, I just found a picture of the cake and I drew the lines for the diamonds in gold (yellow with something added, can't remember but it was in/from Wilton) and the diamonds were green and purple.

kimmypooh79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmypooh79 Posted 5 Jul 2008 , 1:51pm
post #7 of 7

maragretb--great minds think alike!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%